Another cool gadget to strap onto your unicycle handlebar! Hooray!

“Why don’t they just make the whole unicycle out of the same stuff they use to make the black box”

For cyclists, a smart product from Cerevellum called the Hindsight 30 could be the solution for keeping better tabs on cars coming up behind you. Designed by industrial designer Evan Solida after he suffered a run-in with a car in 2007, the rearview video setup is a video system that allows cyclists to see what’s behind them, and it includes a “black box” system that will record any accident that might occur.

More:
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011/01/rearview-video-and-clack-box-recording-boosts-safety-for-cyclists.php

Now you can see where you’ve been!!

And you can record bystander’s double-takes too.

I use the much-less-expensive combination of a glasses-mounted mirror and no headphones. :slight_smile:

This looks like a nice cheaper alternative.

Do you prefer glasses-mounted over helmet mounted because it’s more static?

This is a pretty cool and inexpensive alternative. Looks like you could make it yourself. :smiley:

Maybe with a different item, I wouldn’t want a jagged edged bottlecap anywhere near my eye considering how strange my crashes are sometimes.

Haha! I thought the EXACT SAME thing when I first saw it! :stuck_out_tongue:

It does make me want to go make my own though now, even though I don’t have a use for one yet.

I used to have a helmet-mounted mirror; it kept getting broken off. It’s a lot easier to keep track of a pair of glasses, and I prefer to always wear some for road riding anyway. They’re UV-only, so not too dark for any time.

This is the mirror I use (one of many places you can find it online; I can’t remember what it’s called). The mirror is plastic, and has rounded edges. The wire is very stiff and durable and the mirror swings both ways.