All about grinds.

I prolly should have just waited and thrown this clip in my next vid… but oh well…

Lesson:
Keep your effin’ foot on the effin’ pedal.
http://www.uneedfilms.com/videos/Grind_Bail.mov

I know its not as impressive as Kevin Mcmullins bails, but we are not all so awesome.

Notice how the rail was straight before my nuts decided to say hello.

wow you totally bent that rail with your stuff. I’m sorry that happened.

That vid slightly put me off but i’m going out soon to add a small grind attachment to my new bomb-proof 4 set i made yesterday
It’s only small but im hoping to get very confident on it to risk big stacks(a bit like yours) when i move onto some bigger stuff

I grind on just the pedal to.
It grinds faster and doesn’t wreck the bearing holders.
I can even grind 1 footed that way.
Just a mather of getting used to it.

@ agentQ: nice b*llplant, must try that some day :wink:

Peter M

Its in a format I cant open but I really wanna see it :frowning:

man if you bash your junk again you can turn that into a kinked rail:)
Did you hit that little raily rail btw?

What do you mean?

ah man, for some reason that rail made me wanna go out and grind something! good thing im getting my broken seatposts welded today!

For those of you that cant load my quicktime movie, Here is the rail.

This is a pic of the closest I got to landing the grind… before the bail.

i was just wondering if you had hit the rail thats all. nice screen shot though, i wanna see you tap that biatch

Say, does anyone that have big feet find their big feet to get in the way on pedal grinds?

I wear size 13 shoes (american size of course…), and sometimes when I am dropping away from a rail, the rail hits the bottom of my foot, kinda pushing it off the pedal. This only happens sometimes and is just a minor inconvenience that does cause a few falls here and there. I now try to have my heel more on the grinding pedal.

Anyone experience anything similar?

No, but I find that sometimes I stick my foot on the grinding surface and stop myself from grinding. So, I have to flex my toes upwards when I grind, which can be a bit annoying. But hopefully I’ll use to learn that as a break-control tool-so it’s all good.

Hey, I can grind ledges well but I’ve just started grinding rails and I have a 1.5-2m one set up. The rail I’m grinding is about 20 degrees slope. I ride pretty fast at it, but I only have space for one rev. Anyway what seems to happen is either I fall forwards coz I don’t slide enough or I slide fine for about a metre then the unicycle shoots out infront and I get heaps of speed, but luckily I’m pretty much at the bottom when this happens so I’ve only badly hurt myself once. So how do I control this?

Also, I grind back foot, should your feet be at the same level when you grind on the pedal or should the pedal that isn’t being grinded on be lower than the other one?

Thanks

haha, i just got pretty good at grinding…
it just practice. you got to hurt alot to get good.
grinding is a perfect example.

Why does Kris Holm have “Juggle508” and “danger_uni” ???

juggle508 is kelly hickman.

juggle508 is Kelly Hickman, dangeruni is Kris Holm. They both have the same initials…
Edit: beat me to it.

Yes!

bluntslides

To those who have any tips on bluntsliding please turn your attention to this thread.

pele, From what i know of skateboard tricks, just jump from one side of the rail, to the other. Its be like dropping off something into a pedal grab, but on a rail. Front Blunts are just ride up on side a, then jump over onto side be and slide. back blunts are doing 180’s, and grinding backwards. I haven’t really ever grinded/ground (grammer?) a rail, nor do i have a rail to grind. I’m just giving my knowledge of what ive saw, mixed with knowledge of skating.