ABC Reality Show, Master of Champions Video Segment

Higher quality versions of MOC segment

I uploaded higher quality versions (from my DVD recorder) of the ABC Master Of Champions Unicycle segments to my gallery at :

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/?g2_itemId=219070

The first file is the intro, the second is the “competition”.

These are iPod compatible h.264 MPEG-4 files.
Download them by clicking on the silly thumbnail pictures.
Save them with a .mp4 extension
I know they will play under QuickTime on the Mac or PC.

I couldn’t figure out how to get them to play directly in Gallery. or name them so that Gallery would recognize them.

I’ll try converting them to MOV or WMV shortly.

–Tom

If you could, that’d be great, I’m not familiar with the .mp4 format at all.

If you want to get really technical then the unnofficial record is 107cms but that was onto a ledge.

Right but it’s harder (I think) to jump over something than to jump on something, maybe? The current world record for high jump (over something) is 98cm by Ryan Atkins and I don’t know what the official record is for high jump onto something. There might not be an official record since I don’t think it’s in any compeititions? But yes the unofficial one would be Ryan doing 107cm, right?

Correct…And yes it is much harder to jump over a bar than it is to get onto something…When getting on it still counts even if you just barely get a hold of the object with your tire as long as you just get on…Over a bar you cant touch the bar and you have to jump over further in order to not hit it on the way down.

I think the producers wanted riders who had the title of “World Champion”.

(Funny, I don’t remember seeing that vid before tonight, or writing that.)

Also, I think they mainly did it for the exposure of the sport. Especially Dan.