ABC Reality Show, Master of Champions Video Segment

who grates cheese with a car? and who shoots arrows with thier feet? those werent even sports…

i think unicycling should of won, hands down.

dan is an old fart, and zack had some sweet chops hahahaha.
But dan shoulda picked up his tech a lot more, but his is an injured man, so i dunno, good ridin boys, i didnt even know it was on t.v.

peaaaaaaace out,
jkohse

I know, any idiot can run over cheese in a car… what skill does that take? Of course, I didn’t see that part, so.

Ha, he had a pole on his car with a cheese grater on the end and he had to do donuts around a big thing of cheese and grate it. He didn’t run it over :roll_eyes: It was pretty boring to watch until his car caught on fire.

I don’t do quite as big of moves, but sometimes I’ll hammer 2 hours straight without a break. It’s a tremendous work-out.

All in all, I think it was an uneven pair up, because one is a street rider, and the other a trials rider.

For Dan, this was unfair. He was out of his element riding a trials course.

If they wanted to use trials, they should’ve had Zack go against someone like Ryan.

After all the judges seemed like they had no clue what the tricks or the skills involved were called, or how difficult they were.

Old??? Obviously a joshing statement!:smiley:

I think neither Dan nor Zack were concerned about winning this contest. I think they just wanted to show the audience what can be done on a unicycle. Dan’s better at freestyle, so he showed that and Zack showed trials.

All I gotta say is way to keep your cool, guys. I would have fell over and started laughing if some dude in a suit asked me “good job for an old man, do your feet hurt?”

The over-dramaticism of the announcers / judges was just downright silly. “This course will PUSH THE LIMITS of these two champion unicyclists!” I think these people are a little cuckoo… how can they follow the cheese-grating car with anything serious?!

From a unicyclist’s view, it was a good chuckle. From a common pedestrian’s viewpoint, it seemed like a great demonstration of big moves and styles in a short-attention-span, made-for-TV format.

My favorite line in the clips (thanks for the clips, BTW!) “OMG Zack you BLEW MY MIND!!!”… no offense but from the look on this gal’s face it doesn’t look like she’s got much mind to blow :stuck_out_tongue:

Master of Champions ABC segment part 2_1__0001.jpg

Hahahaha! Yeah, you really nailed exactly what I was thinking about the show.

Bang on! …besides, how “Extreme” is a Car that grates cheese?? It has no practical use what so ever unless you find a car that rolls out dough and a nother that pours tomato sauce…PIZZA DERBY!!

Well, Leo V. has made a unicycle that cuts pizza (check out the pizza link at http://www.unicycle.net/)… I’m sure we can put something together…

yup.
anyone know what to do so i can watch it?

I’m not so sure, Zack looked like he really wanted to win. Dan didn’t seem so bothered though. How did that guy even think of the cheese car thing and how did he get on TV with it? And that girl with the feet archery? Zack should of beaten her for the big award thing!

I realized that the links showed up for me because I keep plugins disabled, so I guess the link is only displayed when you don’t have the plugin/have it disabled.

Regularly I wouldn’t hotlink the direct links, but considering this problem I shall this time!

video 1
video 2

the guy didnt knowwhat he was talking about hes said a 360 was dans signature move when he actually did a 360 unispin

thanks for posting that video, ive been trying to find that video for awhile now.

thanks for the vid, I think to make the contest between Zack and Dan more fair they should have put some street things in like rails and what not. because that was just a trials course.

Thanks for posting that, I was unable to watch it when it aired. Great that unicycling is getting this kind of publicity, even if the commentators had absolutely no clue what was going on.

He might have had the record but not anymore. Ryan Atkins broket he world record high jump at Unicon. Don’t know for sure but I think he got 99cm’s?

Threadjack: What is up with no more download button? That sucks. How do we get it to download, turn off plugins or something? How do you do that? PM me if you know or I’ll try searching the forums in a bit. End Threadjack.

I think it was 98 cm. he was going for 1m.