a tribute to the unicycle factory...

Oh man. That looks smokin’ heavy!

smoke isn’t very heavy… the wheelbarrow unfortunately is.

I got the impression watching Tom Miller ride his that the weight was reasonably balanced. I believe the video was of him riding in a parade.

Though it may have been modified/repaired in the many years since I rode it, I recall it feeling fairly well balanced and not difficult to ride. The wheelbarrow part was lightweight as wheelbarrows go (not a heavy duty one), and naturally it was sluggish compared to a non-wheelbarrow giraffe, but not to the point of being real difficult to ride.

We’ll see… I hadn’t even thought of fore/aft balance, just figured I’d have to lean forward.

I still haven’t put a seat on the Unibarrow…

but for now… Happy Halloween! it even has horse sound effects! I have a 26, 29, & 36 inch unis, but I can’t ride a 20" to save my soul!

How’s that to ride? I figured width would be the first problem with the ones I’ve been fiddling with, but that looks like the plastic saddle could get in the way.

for me, it’s the 20" wheel! the width doesn’t seem so bad. The plastic saddle covers the bolts and metal reinforcement bar stock I used to attach the seatpost to the horse.

Two out of Three…

Cool deal, Now you’ve got 2 out of the 3 items from the first picture in your post made. Are you gathering various discarded shoes to incorporate into a “shoe-wheeled” unicycle yet?

It’s almost Halloween, do you still have that cool “Barcalounger” costume that you made? I’d really like to make a version of that myself when I can find the time…one of my favorite homemade costumes I’ve ever seen. Nice work.

you mean the chair you can wear? it’s a lot of fun!

hehehe that would be so fun for halloween

The chair suit is air cooled, hinged at the top and has two assist levers below to “swing” into a standing position, will support over 500lbs, the silver strip is like a 2 way mirror -no one can see in but you can see the trash guys coming and run away when they come to collect you… lots of fun! It’s scary too, those that sit in it have to be peeled off the opposite wall once I’ve grabbed them from within.

That’s awesome! Various scarecrows the move always appear at halloween, but a chair, that’s priceless.

2 out of 3…

awesome

so for the last unicycle:

you take a 24" uni with no tire and a wide frame. then you cut slices and holes in the shoes. then you slide the shoes around the rim. then you make the shoes look normal again. then you ride.

lacing the rim through the shoes, thought about it… Picasso did the original of this, but I added the brake brace “horse shoe”:

The Shoenicycle

Built by Bedford Unicycles, this baby is on loan to me so I can practice riding it for an upcoming Santa Claus Parade. I had been following this thread, so I had to post 3 of 3.

It is crazy heavy (the wheel frame is welded steel) , and rides like a bumpy 36". It’s also alot of work to turn.

Thats fantastic! That’s the most elusive one to me. I suppose to make the shoe ride easier it would take smaller and more shoes. Absolutly love it!

awesome

it looks like a bit of work to build… very nice to see!