a movie...

Evan, the video is totally awesome – the riding, the editing… AND the music.

It has great riding; it’s fun and light-hearted; I love the slo-mo and the ending. It has an artistic flair – a certain je ne sais quoi – that I haven’t seen since the Ben Turley movies – mUNIac, the movie and U.N.I. (Under No Influence). Not only do you say, “wow” when you watch it, but it’s entertaining and fun to watch, too. And for those of us who cannot yet do all the riding in the video, it both inspires and educates (especially the slo-mo suicide mount). Yes, ladies and gentlemen, all that and more in just three minutes and thirty-three seconds!

Keep making more videos! Well, as soon as this is no longer an issue.

Hey, daino – I think you meant to say that you don’t like the music, right? You said movie and I think that’s a typo, because you wouldn’t say something so un-nice (and the mute button wouldn’t help if you didn’t like the movie).

Ooops, good catch. I’ve been sick with a cold today and I’m not quite thinking right.

i liked it and i thought the music was catchy. I tried about a month ago to hop and do a 1- footer on my giraffe- it sliped from behind me both times and i havent tried it since. I am, by the way, selling my giraffe;) .

jon

Totally Cool video! You rule the wheel dude.

That was a very well put-together video. Note the use of a tripod, for you other video-makers out there. Not that you need one for every shot, but generally it should be used any time you don’t need to move the camera.

So is that your house? If so, now we know what your house looks like…

I didn’t notice you getting hurt in the video, just falling down. But where are the pads? If you’re like most riders, you’ll understand after you’ve racked yourself up really good.

One-footing the giraffe is not very hard, just more of a penalty each time you fall off. It’s a great way to work on your freemount. Looks like you are also real close to gliding.

And don’t worry about lots of little hops. It has worked just fine for Beau Hoover for years, though yes, it’s better to conserve energy with fewer hops.

ooooooooh yeah I know that band from the video its relient k they are a pretty cool band I have all there cds:D

One thing total_uni forgot to do was credits…

Some should have been to me, for minor editing and providing him some clean music, that he liked. But who cares…

Music:

Relient K - “Pressing On”

Already noted. I plan to make extensive use of a tripod (read: Mr. Camera Man) when I make my totally rockin’ video. Because often I will not have someone there to shoot the video for me. After seeing Evan’s video, I know that using a tripod can work really well.

Can anyone spot the continuity error in Evan’s video? It’s very minor (and certainly not a criticism of his video!). In fact, it magically answers John’s question of “where’s the protective gear?”

A lot of scenes get more action, if you don’t use a tripod, but a real person which moves the camera. Sometimes (like in the speed-scene) a tripod totally makes sense.

Of course, it totally depends on what you are planning to do. I usually film me doing muni-riding, and a tripod sucks for those purposes.

wogri

Definitely true under many circumstances.

But you don’t always have a competent and patient camera person to follow you around (and tape you trying fiftyseven times to do that really cool thing that is just on the edge of your abilities but you want desperately to get it into your video because it would be oh-so-cool and impressive).

Okay, time’s up.

At a minute and 20 seconds into the video, he does a rolling hop across some rocks. The cool thing is that the scene is shot from two different camera angles. But on the approach, he is not wearing a helmet, and on the landing, he magically is. It was clearly filmed twice – once from each angle (I assume he only has one camcorder). I was studying the filming and editing technique in this section (to steal his ideas and use them in my video some day) when I noticed this tiny, tiny mistake. You basically can’t see it unless you are looking for it.

Well, just a bit of cool trivia for a really cool video. If you haven’t watched this excellent video yet, you really should.

heeeey, you’re right!! There was something like that in a small video I made once, that turned out to be crappy so I trashed it. It was me gliding down a hill, and it faded to a different angle, and then back, and in the two clips I was wearing a white shirt, then a dark blue shirt. It was very noticeable.

Your mint, Total. Especially as you’ve been riding for such a short space of time. How old are you?

Simon, your vid didnt work… You have another link?

Cheers,

Joe,

hey!!! i didnt see the myself, damn i will try to fix that.

Don’t fix it! It’s hardly noticeable. And it’s cool.

And I think the ability to materialize a helmet mid-jump is really cool. I mean, you don’t really need it for the take-off, right? Just the landing! :slight_smile:

You shoot shoot a whole movie like that, and make it about ride safety!

yeah, and sell it to helmet companies!!

or not sell it, and be happy!

that too!

(by the way, you won’t succeed, catboy)

Hahaha, nice! That would look funny with different coloured shoes/clothes. I have a red glove on my left hand and a blue on my right usually (the best of two pairs of gloves), maybe I can swap them over and see if anyone notices ;).

Nice video, thanks for sharing.

Andrew