900-1000g 36" tire, anyone interested?

Thanks. That is craziness. You’d almost be better off coming and getting it eh?

For what it’s worth I don’t think any of the labels here state the shipping cost unless it’s something that is stated on a customs form explicitly. I can’t recall having shipped anything internationally so I guess I’ll see on Friday when I begin sending the overseas boxes. I was able to get 2 carloads of domestic boxes to Fedex last night before they closed at 11pm so those should be going out today.

Speaking of shipping costs, it cost me $38 to ship a very small and light hub back to Italy. The box is tiny and well under 1 pound.

Ordered one of these a few days ago; should go perfectly with my schlumpf which is moving to my 36er!

Tires are arriving!!!

I just received my new tire. It looks really nice. I can’t wait to try it out.

Pics ;):smiley:

Has it got that lovely new tyre smell :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, it has a lovely new tire smell. I weighed it at 1630 grams. It is not yet mounted but here are a few pics.

tire sidewall 2.jpg

tire tread 2.jpg

Looks nice! We’ll see if the west coast people get their presents before Christmas or not!

Looks sweet :slight_smile:

Think of us international bods :stuck_out_tongue: I am going to have a complete brand new Uni waiting in the corner without a tyre, torture!

There is nothing worse than not being able to have an enjoyable ride because you have no rubber to slip on your 36 incher :astonished: :stuck_out_tongue:

This midwester is still waiting for his tracking number :slight_smile:

That would be about 3.6 pounds. The nightrider is about 4 pounds?

I wonder who will be the first to shave those knobbs off to shed a little more weight??

Sam of course.

Depends, looks like yours is slotted for 12/26 but I hope they make up some time for you.

Just sent to your email. Have not sent them out as I’ve been swamped with work and it took a lot of effort to get them shipped the other night, so it’s not just you.

12/21 BTW for most of the Midwest.

Yay! You were the first! Nice pics.

Not sure I’ll ever get the new tire smell out of my garage… It stings the nostrils.

Are you sure about the weight? In my rush to get these shipped I looked at tread and construction but didn’t check weights on more than 2 (were both ~1560). When I’m back home Thursday night I’ll weigh a bunch to see if you just got an outlier.

Matt

lol… your right!!!

Got mine this afternoon as well…looks just like munimag’s :smiley:

Hopefully be on the trails tomorrow!

Matt, I’d love to know when I can expect mine, but understand about not sending out all those emails - I can’t imagine how much time you’ve already got into this. I’ll just get in touch next week if I haven’t seen mine yet. Totally psyched!

Hey! Could be me :slight_smile:

I ordered two of them for a reason…