900-1000g 36" tire, anyone interested?

how did it feel with 137s?

It felt like I walked more and had no control on tech terrain.

thats what i thought.

I ordered a wheel build on Nov. 29, and UDC-US has already shipped it! :slight_smile:

So, any word on when the tires will be shipped out? :thinking:

I’ll send a mass email tonight those who have ordered and/or inquired.

The tires have cleared customs with X-rays and all and left NY today. They should be in my garage sometime Saturday so they should be on their way to you by Monday. Probably 3-4 day shipping from me in NC to the Big Sky state.

That is, of course, barring any other delays. I appreciate your patience as this has been a learning experience on how to make it quicker and easier next time around.

Matt

Thanks Matt, this tire means a lot to unicyclists as we have so few 36" tire choices, and none that come close to what this tire offers.

If I hadn’t been able to get one of your tires, I’m not sure that I’d feel that same about riding a 36er for muni. I suppose I could have resorted to making a frankentire, but honestly this tire is so darn good that I can’t see any reason to make one.

You all are going to love this tire, it makes me smile just thinking about riding it :smiley:

Friday I’m off to Bent Creek in Ashville, NC (Matt’s stomping ground) to burn some miles on the big wheel! Might even hit DuPont, yeah!!

Yeah I kick myself every time I look at my bike for not holding onto a set of the test tires. I hope to get a pair mounted next week and get back to riding it half time. It’ll be a great NC winter tire and the perfect “cruiser” for the cold wet months to lay down some base miles :wink:

Sweet, thanks! I’ve got the makings of a new uni coming in next week, and it’s never going to have to suffer with lesser rubber. :slight_smile:

As they come stock from UDC, the weight on the new Oracle 36" is about 17 lbs.

Kris Holm 36" Road Unicycle cycle weight: 7.6 kg, 16.75 lbs.

But the KH is weighed without a brake installed, right? I imagine since many of the parts on the unis are the same, and since the Oracle frame is slightly lighter than the KH, along with having a Foss tube stock, that if they both had brakes, the Oracle would be slightly lighter.

Thank you so much for making this happen THIS time around. I ordered 2 this time and when they wear out I hope more will be available.

This project is really exciting for big wheels.

I’m glad to hear you’re still thinking of a next time!

Probably, the way UDC has it listed is to make a brake choice for the KH, while the Oracle its not a choice.

What’s the brake weigh anyway, 0.25 pounds at most?

I have sent an email as I want to get one shipped to the UK so need an invoice / direction how to pay as it says not to use the paypal link. I believe it is 170 USD for 1 to the UK.

Some one take my money :stuck_out_tongue:

Done

I replied just now. As this is a 3rd job, it sometimes takes a couple hours for me to get back to everyone.

“I don’t need this my man has three jobs!”

• Sorry had an “Everybody hates Chris” moment :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry chap wasn’t meaning to hassel I was genuinly at a loss as who was who in this deal :stuck_out_tongue: we all appretiate your part in getting these tyres sorted as it is clear they are a game changer :slight_smile:

No email as yet, someone shove a broom handle up the pipe!

No biggie, just want to make sure everyone knows we’re on top of it even if it looks like we’re not from afar.

As for the email, that’s because I’m an idiot. Looks like I never put your address in the To: box… Just sent it again. My bad :wink:

For UK buyers I have done some digging around regarding our awful import taxation laws and cycle tyres (code 4011500000) are Duty free as although charged at 4% from the USA it is beneath the £135 threshold :slight_smile: so it is a straight 20% VAT + what ever parcel force want to gouge you as a handling fee :angry:

The actual final cost will depend on what Matt puts on the parcel as postage isn’t counted in the calculations so I am assuming the $170 is a $30 tyre and $140 shipping as it is expensive sending from the states to the UK :p;)

So what does that mean? If a tire/tyre is $30/$50/$70 what does that cost you? You are only charged off the actual goods shipped and not the taxes/shipping fees?

I’m constantly amazed at how expensive shipping is. I mean I know we’re sending something across an ocean and all that, but I can’t believe we can ship actual live people at just 5x the rate it costs to ship a measly box.

It would be so cool if you could make the same 36er tire but with a folding bead! That would not only get the weight down significantly, but the shipping cost would be far less as the tire could be folded into a much smaller, lighter package.

Yes, we are aware and that was the original goal. No luck as they can’t make a folding bead that big and still make a tire that you will buy ($$$$$$$$$$$). The only non-bicycle 36" tires that are made commercially are also made in the same facility (motorcycle tires) so if anyone could do it, they could.

You should have seen the bill for shipping from manufacturer to me for 350 tires. Not pleasant.