3rd Annual Belle Isle Muni Weekend (Richmond, VA)

Okay, I am going to be leaving around 8 am, so I should get there around 10, maybe a little later. Frank knows my cell, so give me a call if I dont show up.

Well that was fun…

Memorable moments include

Skippii’s Guni and backpack of condoms
Frank’s consitently great skills and hospitality
and James’s crazy upd’s and offroad 29er radness

To bad more people didn’t show… It was a beautiful day with beautiful trails

Yeah it was.

My highlight was riding the guni 7 miles to Hunter’s house this morning (with Skippii on my 700c). You were asleep, so we continued on to the Glazers’ house. Then we got paid to move a bunch of stuff for a friend of Kathy Glazer, and she drove us back half way, and then I got to ride the guni for maybe 3 more miles. I’m already thinking about building my own 20" version. That was one sexy unicycle.

I also liked James’ crazy upd’s, while somehow avoiding any injury of note.

Meanwhile, Skippii sustained multiple wounds, none of which were incurred while unicycling.

Friday night’s ride with Hunter, Paris, Skippii and Kim was pretty cool too.

I’ll put a video together soon. E-mail me your pictures and I’ll put them in the HoW gallery.

Just got back from Richmond.
What a great weekend.

Many, many thanks to Frank for putting up up and putting up with me for three whole days, teaching me trials stuff, and selling me parts. :slight_smile:

Overall a very weird and fun weekend, with Muni, Guni, trials, girls, stairs, neon lights, condoms, furniture moving, movies, moonpies, piggybacks (both on and off unis), knives, throat injuries, and DK’s amazing glide into a pedalgrab on my shin. :angry:

Sorry about that…:smiley:

And I got into her pants. :wink:

Meanwhile, you were probably the first person to ever blow a fuse on a unicycle.:smiley:

I don’t have your email address.

I got all the pics from Kimkim as well, but I think I’ll spare you from some of the pics from before we met up with you…:wink:

<---- I think my new title far exceeds my previous one

Don’t forget bathroom flooding.

E-mail: brownfp@vcu.edu

lmao!

Pics…er…maybe

All pics from Kimkim and me.

And lunchtrays!

Yes, Saturday was a lot of fun!

My favorite part of the day was definitely riding skippii’s geared giraffe unicycle. It took a couple tries to get the hang of it, but then I was flying around on it. It was one of the most fun unicycles I have ever been on.

Belle Isle had a great trail that was interesting on my 29er with 125mm cranks. After last weekend I realized how much I want to get a mUni and a gUni.

As always Frank was a great host, and brought some snacks/drinks in the morning. It was my first time meeting Skippii, and he is quite the character. With his long orange hair, neon unicycle, and knowledge of calorie loss from banging your head against a wall. Thanks again for letting me use your gUni! And thanks to Hunter’s mom for getting us pizza.

I will post the pictures and videos from my camera soon.

Sorry I missed out. A funny thing, a guy came into work this morning and said he saw a guy on a 6’ tall uni with a huge wheel this weekend. I asked him where he saw this, he said Richmond. Said the Guni was being followed by a girl on a bike.

I think that “girl” was skippii on his 28…

Wow, frank got THE haircut. I nearly didn’t recognize him on the pictures. Sorry I missed out, too. If it wasn’t like a 10-hour flight, I might have joined you guys… Belle Isle II was my first unicycle-meeting ever, and it was really cool.
Hopefully we’ll meet again,

wolfgang

Just for organization purposes:

my pictures/videos in this thread: Ricmond mUni and gUni videos/pics

(dont try to use next prev buttons, or complain about vertical pics, i am too lazy to fix the javascript)