3rd Annual Belle Isle Muni Weekend (Richmond, VA)

I will probably just be there on Saturday.

I might even be around on thursday–take the opportunity to visit some old friends at VCU.
But, I might also not be able to ride. My knee hurts like hell right now from the MS bike tour in September…it comes and goes, and right now, I don’t even want to try out the new uni I got TODAY.

I’ve got a doctor’s appointment tomorrow. I’ll let you guys know later what the situation is.

Cool, sure hope you can make it, but don’t kill your knee over it. Maybe a simple brace will help. I work tomorrow till 10:00PM, but I’m still up for some late night city riding. Maybe down to the pub for a couple beers…that’ll do the trick.

(High 77 partly cloudy on Saturday)

is it okay if I come but don’t ride? I know it’s pathetic, but…

Please come weather you ride or not.

You could ride a bike to keep up, but I dont know how much easier that is on the kneez…

I don’t have a bike…I don’t know if I’d find it any easier.

I’ll be there, though.

Do you mind holding a video camera?

Not at all, but if I can ride, I will be!

My leg isn’t really hurting today. It comes and goes. All last week it didn’t hurt at all. Then sunday I couldn’t even walk, and monday wasn’t much better. Now it’s not too bad.

I have an inflammed kneecap.
I’ll be there!

Okay, Skippii and I are meeting sometime tomorrow after 4:30. Not sure what kind of riding we’ll do, probably just trialsy stuff around VCU campus. Anyone is welcome to join us, just give me a call tonight or tomorrow: 804-651-6844.

For people coming Saturday, meeting time is still 10:00AM at Belle Isle parking lot (directions on first post). Again, bagels, fruit and water will be there, as well as lunch afterwards. Any menu requests/suggestions? PB&J and pizza seemed to work okay last year, but I’m open to anything. There’s an awesome diner just a little-ways up the street, but whatever. Also, feel free to bring your own snacks and definately have a plan for carrying water on the trail…and helmets please.

When we’ve all congregated we can decide what to ride…there’s the Northside trail that is about 1 or 2 miles long and hilly. So we can ride that out from and back to the parking lot before heading to Belle Isle itself. Or, if people would rather just tackle one short slope or trials spot at a time (rather than one long “ride”), we can forget northside and go straight to Belle Isle.

Afterwards, we can watch Defect on a big screen back at my place and maybe ride around campus. Now they’re saying mostly sunny and 80 degrees.

Nick from Philly - Any updates on your arrival time/location? I’d be happy to pick you up.

Looks like family obligations have me hog tied. Have fun guys.

Pesky families, always getting in the way :angry: . Just kidding, you made a good choice.

Frank- Is it ok if a couple of my friends who ride come to watch this afternoon?

I will see you guys there around 10 am tomorrow, ill be bringing my 29er and KH20.

Yeah man, more the merrier.

rad

10 characterz

Well, I’m here.
Hanging out with a hot chick I met on the way. We’re about 2 blocks from VCU.
Is it okay if she joins us? She’s hot.

Im leving for Frank’s

haha, yes, the more hot girls the better.