360 unispin competion

Larl, inward smallspins are cooler then 360s anyway.

The hand movement is exactly the same too so if you can do inwards it wont be long till you have 360s consistant.

Yesterday I landed my first 180 unispin. So I’m well on my way to a 360! I’m gonna give it a damn good go anyhow!

Hey what’s going on?
Did you all fall asleep? :wink:

Any progress? Any tips needed?

@tmoyer&MuniSano: Go for it! I want to see more people over 30 do them.
Good luck!

I’m gonna land one tonight, I can feel it!

I landed on both pedals this morning a few times but fell each time because I didn’t catch the seat or something. I felt tired this afternoon so didn’t try. I need to be feeling really energetic when doing them.

Does anyone have any tips on doing them coz I know there’s probably some obvious things that you need to do right to land them.

Focus each try. If you dont go over everything you need to work on (like throwing the seat properly, and jumping straight up instead of away from the uni) before you jump, then you will more than likely fall.

I learned them without the 3spin mount, but it would help you catch the cranks, but it does nothing for the throwing of the seat.

Worked on them for an hour yesterday, but nothing exciting to report except for some very sore hip flexor muscles. Landing one foot on is still the best I’ve done.

On the plus side, I’ve got 360 unispin mounts wired now.

Alex - nice job getting both feet on. You’re going to stick one soon!

Anyone else getting close?

can i join? or is it too late?

i have just started riding (well practicing) again and could do with some competition.

how do these threads work?

I can almost get the 360. I always get one foot on then fall… ugh, its so annoying.

OK thanks for the advice. I’m not doing the 360 jump mount coz it’s nothing like the real thing and probably won’t help.

I’m not fully committing, that’s the problem I think. The few times I’ve landed on both pedals I’ve jumped off straight away or fallen (because I didn’t catch the seat :P). I had this problem with learning 180’s too, I had the courage t0o go for the pedals, but then jumped off straight away. Well I’m gonna practise more tonight, it’s gonna feel so good when I land them! Hopefully I land on the pedals and manage to stay on, after that I should find them easy.

Since this is a 360 unispin thread can I ask some advice on what you do with your hands as part of the spin process? Do you let go and then have to catch the seat? I’ve got 180 unispins down and am familiar with the hand movements there, but it’s easier since I don’t have to let go of the seat… Any advice? I finally had a chance to practice yesterday (I’ll have a lot more time after next week when I’m done with school for the summer :slight_smile: ) and I couldn’t figure out how to “spin” the uni properly. It’s not really a “fear” thing just a technique thing. Btw fwiw my natural stance is left foot back and spin counter-clockwise… Thanks.

Grab the uni the same as you would on a 180 but let go and catch it. Thats how i do them.

This is what I’m doing with my hands.

Thanks Marcus!

Hmmm - I think that’s the harder direction to spin it (away from your front foot), because you have to start with your hips and shoulders rotated in opposite directions. I learned to do 180s in both directions, and it took me a lot longer to learn to spin it that way. However, now that you’ve started that way, it might be easier to embrace it than to change.

im soo getting in on this

Isn’t that funny? My stance is: left foot back and spin counter-clockwise. I can’t imagine spinning the other way (for me) would be easier. I think I may be a bit odd that way. Another strange thing, from watching trials videos, is that when going sif for sif hops, again I’m left foot back, grab the seat with my right hand and hop/jump to the left!!! In most cases, from the trials videos, it seems like most people are sif hopping/jumping to the same side as their front foot, I’m totally opposite!!! Yet even with that I can sif side hop up 18" For me it all was driven from how I learned to free-mount, you guessed it, left pedal back… (sorry for the threadjack)

Holy &^%$#@!

I got one!!!

I was in the parking lot outside my daughter’s karate class screaming, “Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!”

(As if the people around there didn’t think the guy on the uni was weird enough already)

Now - getting it on video is a whole new project - and I have to travel for work for the next three days. So…

Fair warning, Alex. :slight_smile: You’ve got until Friday. If it wasn’t a fluke - and if I can hit it again in front of the camera, I’ll post it then.

Good luck!

good job i almost had one today. Well i guess this means you win so the siggy thing is all yours

Woo! today I got both feet on the pedals and hopped a couple times before I fell. I definitely think I can get it down pat soon. Tomorrow I’ll try and get it more refined and possibly I can record it then :smiley:

I’ve been so close for so long. If I land one before Friday I’ll probabky have as much trouble posting a video as you :stuck_out_tongue:

I need to really be in the mood for doing them when I try them though, got to be hyped up and energetic.

I’ll get them sooner or later :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway great job tmoyer, must feel good.

Good job tmoyer! :slight_smile:
I’m proud of you, because you got it before the “Kids” did.:stuck_out_tongue:
I’m waiting until friday…

@muniaddict: Now it’s your job Terry!:wink:

im sitting here watching everyones progress while i wait for new cranks :frowning: