360 unispin competion

i learnt them 2weeks ago :angry: .

I’m in, need a bit of motivation to learn thist trick.

I’m in, but mainly just to get motivated to do it as I only ride muni/trials/flat type stuff maybe 2-3 times a week (I’m mainly a runner). I’m probably 30-40% on 180 unispins right now. May take me a while but I’m going to try!

this is such a hard trick to learn, at the aus uni nats i landed them like 6 times but then when i got back home i didnt get back into them for months and then when i did i couldnt land it for ages and finally it just clicked!! the hard part is then going from doing hopping ones to rolling!!
i learnt that by rolling in and doing a few hops then slowy decreasing the number of hops then finally just rolling in and spinning.
i just got back from a 1hour 45 min ride in the dark! lol i was riding at the university down the road under lights and spent like 40 mins trying 540’s but folks im pretty sure they are impossible. and 30 mins getting full varials cleaner … and the rest of the time just doing rolling hops on ledges and benches :slight_smile: now im STUFFED!!
Keep up the hard work on the 360’s and they will come, you just need to find someone in your area at a similar level to you and compete to learn them first!

Is anyone close? I think I’ll spend a few hours practising them tonight. Not sure if I’ll be able to post of vid of me doing it though. I just want to land them for myself, not for a competition.

can we do 360 unispin mounts? and is this a vid comp?

Well how else do you prove you’ve done it? And it’s obviously gotta be a real uni-spin.

Some progress today. I got one foot onto the pedal four or five times. Getting higher in the air, but still not high enough.

jump more off the foot that isnt landing

good luck kiddos

trick is well worth learning

i learned them NOT letting go of the seat…some people do it differently though

Basically the same for me, I occasionally hit one pedal with my right foot, I’ll jump more off my left, Thanks spoonthumb.

Just a quick question: Is it good to put your legs out a lot when you jump or just out enough so the wheel can spin? Coz when I do 180 unispins I only put my legs out enough for the tyre to have room to spin and it’s really easy to snap my legs back in. But when I go for 360s I feel like I have to put my legs out a lot to get enough height and it’s harder to snap them back in. I think part of the reason I can’t snap them back in is fear but it seems like moswt people don’t put their legs out very far.

well i can provie by doing it in real life…

I’ll will watch you! Good look!

Now i cant do it anymore haha :wink: I try to make it tommorow or on monday.

ok im in though I doubt Ill land one, but hay might as well eh.

(threadjack) Hey somebody go to the end of my video on vimeo and tell me if they think it is a valid 3 spin because peeps in this Thread said it was a inward 180 small spin
Not trying to get in to this competition just want another opinion.

i’ve lost the adaptor to charge my camcorder battery so don’t hold your breath for a vid. not yet riding out of it, but taking a little break because my right ankle is aching. i’m going to try and see if i can locate the soccer shinguards i had with the ankle protections. i believe my brother has them somewhere in his room, so i’ll bug him.:stuck_out_tongue:

O a uni-spin your body stays in the same place, and inward means your body turns the opposite way to the uni right? So yes, I would say this is closer to a inward small spin than a uni spin. But just jump higher and you’ll land the uni spin no prob.

You’re learning them without leg guards? Well you’ve got more guts than me. BTW don’t count on soccer shin pads for protection. You need it round the back and further up your leg.

i’ve got 661s but they don’t really cover my ankle, which is what is currently getting bashed loads at the moment, so just for this trick, i’m going to see if i can protect that area specifically. i’m petty certain those shinguards i had (they must be at least 10 years old) had some ankle protection built in, so i’m trying to pressure my brother into looking for them.

if he doesn’t find them, i’ve ordered some with detachable ankle guards to look at when i get back to work. hopefully i can combine the ankle guard (without the rest of the soccer shinguard) with my 661s for ultimate protection.

most of the time when i’m riding, i won’t pad up though. i will when i’m learning new tricks sometimes. my legs are really scarred. it’s just so awkward and there’s so much extra stuff to carry around with you then…

edit: it’s probably due to the nubs on my onza/kh splined cranks.

LOL I have KH pads under my jeans

I think Ive learned them now but I would really need a vid to tell if they were inward small spins or 360s

My body just has this strange tendancy to rotate the opposite direction of my spin