24 Hour Race, Ontario, May 21-22 Lidestyles of the Rich and Famous

From Mike at WOW:

Hello all. Almost time!

This will be the last broadcast prior to the race. READ THE WHOLE THING PLEASE!!! The most important thing is to check in at the Main Chalet when you arrive. You need to sign a waiver before you even use the toilet!

I will be up at Mansfield to stay as of Friday morning. I’ll check email one last time before I depart Mississauga. Otherwise if its really, really necessary that you reach me try my cell at 416-275-8258 on Friday or Saturday. Reception depends upon where I am in the woods.

Goods News

1)Dark City Coffee has come through for us again. You’ll be treated to some of the finest coffee you’ve ever had. Always available for you for the entire event.

2)Hammer Gel - once again thanks to ACS Distributing in Aurora for helping us out with this fine product. Samples will be available for everyone.

3)Medals - they look awesome. Best we’ve ever done.

4)Swag - equally great and more substantial than we’ve ever done. No hints. You’ll see and you’ll certainly appreciate them Saturday night.

5)Prizes - better than ever before. Very pleased about this.

Bad News

1)Our loyal friend Jim Best of Best Bike Works will not be helping us this year. Jim as you know has been doing free wrenching for everyone at the Lifestyles every year. He has an ailing friend that requires his attention. That being said, make sure you’ve got enough kit to look after your needs. The usual things at Mansfield are derailleurs thanks to the derailleur eating twigs, chains thanks to all of the hills, and the need for lube thanks to sandy soil. Be prepared. I’ll help you if I can, but I’ve got a lot of things to look after this weekend.

2)The Weather - toss a coin. Dress warm. Forecast is for a low of 5C at night which will get your attention. We’ll get a fire going. To check out a forecast for Alliston (nearest main town) go to this link - http://www.weathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/Pages/CAON0171.htm
40% chance of showers both days so again be prepared.

OTHER ITEMS

Arrival Time

Obviously arrive by the time the race starts at 12 noon on Saturday May 20, but we would like to have everyone there by at least 10:00am on Saturday, with the mandatory riders meeting at 10:30am. Registration and sign-in will be open Friday afternoon at 5pm. The W.O.W. crew will be hanging out in the main chalet Friday night watching some videos, enjoying beer, scotch and cigars and generally adding to our own personal mythologies. You are most welcome to join us.

The cabins will be available after 5pm on Friday. Food will NOT be available on Friday night or Saturday morning so bring along your own (kitchen facilities will not be available for you to use). Coffee and hot water WILL be available on Saturday morning. Regardless of when you arrive, please check in to the Main Chalet at the Outdoor Centre for instructions.

Accommodations

The cabins are equipped with bunk beds. You will need to bring a sleeping bag, pillow, towels and toiletries. There are washrooms and showers in several locations near the cabins. NOT every cabin has an electrical outlet. Just to be on the safe side, please bring one long extension cord and an electrical power bar for light recharging. There are additional locations around the Main Chalet for charging, and a huge assortment of outlets in the Field Centre. As well, it would be a big help if you brought along a coffee mug for your Dark City Coffee. As a kids camp mugs are in short supply.

Warning!!!

The biting insects are definitely out. Both black flies and mosquitoes since its an early spring. Please bring insect repellent, especially for the evening hours.

Quiet Time

From 11pm to 7am. Please no noise during these hours as a courtesy to others.

Etiquette

No dirty bikes in the cabins. No dirty shoes in the cabins, in the showers, in the washrooms, in the Field Centre or the Main Chalet.

Menu and Meal Times - we will be using meal tickets. A team member or helper can put together a plate of food for you if you are out on the course. We will then heat it up for you when you are ready. Meal times are noted below. They are subject to change according to her Supreme Highness Chef Danielle.

Saturday Lunch - 12:30pm - 1:30pm

Saturday Dinner - 6:00pm - 7:00 or perhaps a little later

Sunday Breakfast - 7:30am-8:30am

Sunday Lunch - 1pm sharp (awards immediately before)

Trail Food (Energy Bars, etc.) are the riders responsibility. Best to bring your own along. Coffee will be available for the entire race, however it is up to you to let us know if a new pot has to be brewed. We can’t be everywhere!

That’s it. I can’t think of anything else right now. If its important I’ll let you know when you arrive.

Can’t hardly wait. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

Happy Trails!

Mike, W.O.W.

Ben and I cannot make it :frowning: un-fortunately there has been allot of flooding in the Massachusetts area which means crazy hours for the foreseeable future for me at work, and Ben has no ride other than me. Looks like instead of having fun and unicycling all week its 12 hours days stacked on top of each other till I collapse. Oh well hopefully we will make it next year.

-Joey

We didn’t want any Americans at this race anyways

Hahaha, your so non-chalante. i love it.

YAY we will be there tonight!

I cant wait !!

see you guys there, i’m leaving in an hour!