24 Hour Race, Ontario, May 21-22 Lidestyles of the Rich and Famous

OK everyone, time is approaching where we will need to register teams for this event.

http://www.wowmtb.com (look for ‘lifestyles’ under events)

This is gonna be a blast. We have two teams of a maximum of 25 (or so) teams. By the way, Carl Hoyer, the famous Unicyclist, is on a bike team this year, don’t let him pass you. And think of slogans to shout at him if you see him on the trails :wink:

There are two teams, 10 guys. (if it so happens that we exceed in interest, I would happily volunteer my spot and concentrate the whole weekend on filming) I would still have as much fun.

Here’s the list of potential riders I have so far. While your place cannot be confirmed until I recieve your $160cdn (which includes license, race fees, lodging in cabins, and food) for the weekend) here is the list of ‘maybes’

please confirm asap. (money talks, seeing as I have to pre-pay for both teams and would hate to get stiffed by someone not showing up at the last minute)

We will split the teams up based on skill/experience before the race in order to make both teams competitive with each other.

(ps, I will have two HDV cameras and a Glidecam Smoothshooter by that time, so this race will be ‘completely’ documented!)

Brian MacKenzie (schlumpf 29")
Ryan Atkins (29")
Gilby (schlumpf 29")
Shamus Rask (24")
Tim Morin (24")
Owen Kirby (24")
Vince Lemay (24")
Richard Aschenbrenner (24")

I’m just going back to my mountain biking roots cause I’ve forgotten how to ride on 2 wheels and I need a challenge. By the way the last 6 out of 15 24 hour races I have done were on unicycle, I am really looking forward to coasting down hills.

By the way, I’m not famous … yet! :stuck_out_tongue:

man i wich i could go …but i need my money for my new hub/crankset and for niagra falls. plus im not much of a distance guy

What?! You mean you’re not going at it solo again?! you panzy! :stuck_out_tongue:

No word on wether Joel’s gonna be there?

oops…

Ryan Atkins (29")
Gilby (schlumpf 29")
Shamus Rask (24")
Tim Morin (24")
Owen Kirby (24")
Vince Lemay (24")
Joel Burgess (24")

Brian, Check your pm.
For that race, I will try to get a hand on a 29" wheel to put under my coker frame. It would be neat!

Confirmed:

Ryan Atkins (29")
Gilby (schlumpf 29")
Shamus Rask (24")
Tim Morin (24")
Owen Kirby (24")
Vince Lemay (29")
Joel Burgess (24")
Ben Plotkin-Swing (29")

vince, if you want to use my airfoil Coker…

It’s a real bummer but this year this event collides with a big one we’re doing out here so we can’t come. Having done that race twice, I can say it has been my favorite 24 hour race ever - a non-stop blast. I REALLY recommend getting a 29er if you want to actually race. 24" is just too slow, especially if you have long cranks. Also get the best lighting system you can, although there won’t be that many night laps since it gets dark quite late. 29er w/152mm is the way to go. Have a blast!

If you’re interested, here are my photos from 2005 and my photos from 2004.

—Nathan

we’re going to divy up the teams with skilll/wheel size spread out to both teams

i see no PM from you. mon Dieu

Confirmed:

Shamus Rask (24")
Tim Morin (24")
Owen Kirby (24")
Vince Lemay (29")
Joel Burgess (24")
Ben Plotkin-Swing (29")
Jason MacKenzie (24")

Update:
Trying to find a cheap 29er didn’t worked out, so I decided I will be riding my Big One for the race!
I have now 175mm cranks on it, and I just ordered a 36" tubeless kit from Stan’s www.notubes.com . Same kit that Ken Looi and others have on their rig since some times ago, thanks guys for the link! I hope it’ll be good.
It’s going to be great!

Too far for me, since I’d have to drive there from NH, then back, and be in some sort of condition to work :’( A shame, ‘cause I really want to go :’(:’(

we need a couple more people if anyone is still interested

I’m there. Woohoo!!!

" 24 Hour Race, Ontario, May 21-22 Lidestyles of the Rich and Famous?"

Don’t you mean “ridestyles” or are you trying to merge words? You spent too much time in Romania.

Don’t you mean “lifestyles” or have you spent too much time underground in Sudbury?

Yes.

Anyone who enjoys offroad unicycling in a great setting with great people: you should go do this race. It’s worth flying in for from anywhere in the US or Canada. I’ve done quite a few 24 hour races in 4 countries and this event is my favorite. Wish I could come this year, but it’s not to be. See you there in 2007.

—Nathan

How many people are in now?