2006 KH Frame

Well, the TIG welds on Ventana frames are known as Electric Sex. Sometimes frames can get a little bit kinky.

Re: 2006 KH Frame

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 21:46:07 -0600, john_childs wrote:

>But a few Pro frames made with sexy welds and other sexy options might
>be something to consider sometime in the future.

And this coming from the man who owns a(n older) KH Pro frame and
doesn’t consider it worth the money in today’s world? :thinking:

no. he means this:

(of course i’m kidding…)

HK-MP5.jpg

i like the new frame. looks strong.

and i thought he meant 24" hari kari

sometimes people scare me more than i scare me…

but seriously, i like the frame. That thing looks literally bomb-proof.

I’d buy one, or even a previous year/model, but i can’t afford one at the moment.

Being worth the money is relative. For the younger folks asking why the KH Pro was so expensive you just have to say the extra cost wouldn’t be worth it for them. The people who have the means and know the difference would be more likely to understand.

I also bought my KH Pro back when the only quality choices for frames were the Hunter and the KH. Everything good was expensive back then. Now that there are more quality choices for 1/3 the cost it is harder to justify the extra cost for what is now the KH Pro frame. Back then it was very easy to justify the cost and I don’t consider it a waste at all (it has been very very good to me and I got in several good years of riding in before things got cheaper and better).

There is a small market for boutique frames built with extra love and style and electric sex welds even though they would cost more. Scott Wallis and Dave Stockton need some special frames for some of the special unicycles that they make.

IMHO I think it looks fine, if the welds are good and strong, i dont think they need to look “sexy” lol

wen i first looked at the new 06 frame, i thought eeerrggghhh that looks almost tacky, because of the welding, and the gussets, they first looked very home-brand, looking…

but i just had another look at it, and thought to myself, it really does look alot more Beastier and stronger, looks like it could withstand a smack with a mellet!!

but yeah, it does look good, but it is one of those designs, that are either really liked, or really disliked…

I agree with the sexy welding

How mutch does the new frame weights?

thats what happens when you outsourse to Asia.

FYI, after busting my Wilder frame, I put my Large Marge/Profile wheelset on a KH '06 frame and it works perfectly.

JL

Do you have HS-33’s on it, Or does it need the Scott Wallis adaptor to fit with the LM rim?

Only addition are bearing shims (for 40mm Profile bearings) from Unicycle.com (8 bucks) so the wheelset fits the KH frame. Fits fine and rolls like butter.

Better than this set up would be to do what Josh and others are doing: get the LM rim build on a new KH hub. I run the Profile because I like 160 crank arms.

JL

the KH frame will work with the LM rim but not with Magura brakes, so yes you will need those adapters that mount the brakes father out…

Magura’s wont work on a KH frame/Large MArge rim combo without modification.

lemon

Why Lemon? And i like the frame.

Mike

Scott Wallis (Wallisdesign.com) makes/has/sells the adapters–they just screw into the brake mounts on the KH 24.

JL

i need money!

so do i!