2006 KH Frame

It looks too home-made. No offence, but I really don’t like it…

Looks Hot.

The big welds and ‘home-made look’ give it character. Like to be able to see how things go together.

On a side note; what were the little eyelet things on the crown of the 05 for?

Foot grip for gliding.

i think the welds make it look beastly. i kind of like it.

Here is another picture

knurled Aluminum!?

…can you say, Stress Rizer. :thinking:

hey, does anyone know what the 20" version of this frame looks like, and where are they available?

maybe is bedford the only place to buy one atm? like, cuz their canadian and all…

i might want one of these in NZ, in the 20"… maybe we could get some photos of the 20"?

is this the 2006 kh, or is it a revision of the KH alu? i dont mean to pick at the details at all or nothing, but KH said that there is no KH’06 as such…

i think its the closest thing thats gonna come to an"'06" because Kh just puts his stuff out when its done…he doesnt make his changes anually.

The '06 rides exactly like the '05, but I expect it might flex less and hold up a bit better because of the slightly more robust crown arrangement (which is now a bit higher, making it harder for WWing et al–stuff I rarely do anyhow).

So far as comsetics go, I’m not bothered. We ride on the rocks all the time and my gear (Wilder/Profile 24 and a HK 24) is bashed to shit but it all works great (with 10 minutes of weekly upkeep). Over the last year Josh has scraped the blue powdercoat almost off his 05 KH 24, but it still works like a charm. So in terms of actual performance and durability, the KH line is looking very good, and these new refinements, while not strictly artistic, will probably work out great so far as actual riding goes.

I think offering several colors might do business well. I’ve always wanted a tangerine Muni.

JL

??? i assume you mean KH right?

Thanks for the comments on the frame. The knurled crown won’t affect stiffness or strength and it will help with grip without the potential to bang your knees on a raised grip. The new gussets under the crown are stiffer, lighter, and increase clearance over a Gazz 24".

As for the welding, the frames are constructed by a high-end builder in Taiwan with quality equal to most of the best North American builders, including the original Vancouver-made KH24.

Kris

yeehaw!

He hehe

:astonished: :stuck_out_tongue:

:slight_smile:

where did you get yours?

He got it from Bedford unicycles.

He got if from Bedford unicycles.

I wasn’t knocking quality when I said the welds are a bit ugly. Quality for aluminum frames made in Taiwan can be very high as long as you have found an experienced shop to do the manufacturing. Taiwan is now making most of the aluminum bike frames that are in bike shops, including many expensive and well regarded bike frames. Quality from Taiwan is now no longer an issue for bike frames. Even if the welds are a bit ugly they are still going to be strong. It’s not anything that affects the strength or function of the frame.

But a few Pro frames made with sexy welds and other sexy options might be something to consider sometime in the future.

It looks really beefy, I like.

The knurling is a great idea, and it looks impossible to break. Functionality comes before cosmetics, and I think it will be a great frame.

Sexy options? What exactly would constitute “sexy” options?

Maybe I’m just getting old but I thought sexy meant something different.

-mg

Sexy meaning good looking and special. Mmmmm… Sexy welds. :sunglasses:

Watch out, I expect that to end up in a signature somewere…