1st NUTS - 27th Jan 2007 - Manchester

ah cool mark. Do u bring your uni up? Next time you should :slight_smile:

Trials on the Saturday, a social on saturday night, then a muni on Sunday sounds like a real plan! Cant wait :slight_smile:

Joe,

i just got a 24" muni.

im right up for a muni session as soon as possible,

i was thinking Rivington Pike some time.

if anyones intrested post hear or PM me

laters Dale

Good stuff, Dale.

Anyone noticed anything new on unicyclist.com homepage? :stuck_out_tongue:

Joe,

^^ I noticed it Joe. Nice 1 matey.

Avast, there be a myspazz group which goes thus:

it needs more stuff doing to it but the bare bones be there presently.

^^Good Job matey! Letā€™s all get on that!

iā€™m hoping my arm will be coming out of its cast that week, so i should be able to do both the rides! :slight_smile: if not, i will just do photos for tha trials, but still do the muni, with my left hand ;). siteā€™s looking good btw. iā€™ll put something about on unicyclepics soon.

p.s. i donā€™t do MySpazā€¦
p.p.s the street and trials links to wikip. are the wrong way round. i.e. trials link to streetā€¦

I might be able to go guys!

It costs Ā£90 return, I arrive on the 26th and leave on the 28th. I can change it to the 27th and leave on the 28th though if needed.

What do you guys think? any chance of a bed for a night?

A quick question, How far is Manchester Airport away from the skatepark or the City Centre (approx).

Mike

Cool beans! Weā€™re attracting people for reet doon sooth.

Thereā€™s sofa space going at mine if you need a spot to crash.

Have you looked at megabus? Though that might be a bit of a long trek from Exeter.

Manchester Airport has a shuttle train going to Manchester Piccadilly regularlyā€¦ I think every half hour. And if memory serves correct it takes about 30 minutes.

Bus??? 8 hours! Sorry, but it only gives me a Ā£30 saving! For a total of 16 hours bus fair!

I am still pondering, Ā£90 is a lot. But it might be worth it for 2-and-a-bit-daysā€¦

I might take you up on that MrBoogiejuice, I am wondering how its going to go down. If I am staying there I want to spend the most time with the most amount of people if that makes sense.

Mike

For the same price its quicker on a flight from Exeter.

Mike

Hey mate,

I might have a solution to your problem. My driving test is on the 26th of january at 11 in the morning. If I pass, I could pick you up somewhere along the route. I have already checked train prices from Exeter to birmingham, its Ā£12 one way. I could take you the rest of the way.

All this is resting on me passing though, If you are prepared to take a risk then I donā€™t mind picking you up from birmingham. Up to you.

Rock on!
Edd

On second thoughts, maybey this isnt such a good idea! I dont mind doing it if you dont though!

Thanks Edd, but I think Iā€™m still going to go on the plane.

I havenā€™t spoke to Dale, but I think Iā€™m going to go up on the 27th now in the morning.

Where is everyone sleeping? Like I said, I want to spend the most time with the most amount of people.

Thanks guys,
Mike

lets all have a giant sleep over at Dales, ill bring Haribo Bears and tissues for crying hour lol

Aww that sucks Amanda! We should definately plan the next one with lots of time in advance so that everyone has time to book and arrange things.

Iā€™m stoked though! Whoā€™s coming all together?

LIST OF THE PEOPLE THAT ARE GOING TO THE 1st NUTS IN MANCHESTER ON THE 27th OF JANUARY IN ALPHABETICAL ORDER BY FIRST NAMES

Andy C
Michael C
Stuart B

Thatā€™s the people I knowā€¦ Add yourself!

i have a much better idea, lets not

oh what a comeback, i vote for the lack of determination in the thinking up of that comeback we all bring 2 friends to the sleep over lol

This is a good idea yā€™all.

What a good way to use my new car.

The website says:

ā€œā€¦unicyclists who practice urban unicycling in the North of the UK. Weā€™re just an informal group of people in England who all unicycleā€¦ā€

Is it UK or England? Or: Can I come?

You should try and bring the tour to Scotland at some point (I know this will never happen) We have excellent Muni offerings in Scotland. And urban trials can be done in any pedestrianised street or skate park. We have them too!

Iā€™m gonna go look at some maps to see where Manchester is now.

T.

EDIT: Googlemaps reckons itā€™s 216 miles or 4.5 hours from Glasgow to Manchester. Thatā€™s doable.

EDIT EDIT: Oh Aye, Muni on Sunday? Even better.

That sucks you canā€™t make it Amandaā€¦ Ah well, all the more nuts for us I suppose.

Swarbrim and Tom: Thereā€™s still sofa/floor space going at mine if needed. So far I think just Joeā€™s reserved his room at Hotel Boogie (at a very reasonable price I believeā€¦;)) so thereā€™s still space for a few more.

Iā€™d be up for a bit of Gaelic Nuts (thereā€™s a gigantic seam of pun just waiting to be mined here). I should imagine the Muniā€™s marvellous. Isnā€™t there a North Shore affair near Dumfries somewhere? A north shore Nuts fest would be ace.

If even Southern Scotlandā€™s too far for some then I reckon a compromise of Newcastle could be good (Possible new slogan for the tourist board of Northumbria: Newcastle, the city of compromises!). Joe and Matt T inhabit those parts so we could blag some Geordie hospitality.

Also I donā€™t know if anyoneā€™s interested but itā€™s the Manchester Critical Mass on the evening of Friday 26th of Jan. Iā€™ve not been to one before, I reckon a flotilla of unicycles there would be a larrf.

That sucks you canā€™t make it Amandaā€¦ Ah well, all the more nuts for us I suppose.

Swarbrim and Tom: Thereā€™s still sofa/floor space going at mine if needed. So far I think just Joeā€™s reserved his room at Hotel Boogie (at a very reasonable price I believeā€¦;)) so thereā€™s still space for a few more.

Iā€™d be up for a bit of Gaelic Nuts (thereā€™s a gigantic seam of pun just waiting to be mined here with this nuts malarkey). I should imagine the Muniā€™s marvellous. Isnā€™t there a North Shore affair near Dumfries somewhere? A north shore Nuts fest would be ace.

If even Southern Scotlandā€™s too far for some then I reckon a compromise of Newcastle could be good (Possible new slogan for the tourist board of Northumbria: Newcastle, the city of compromises!). Joe and Matt T inhabit those parts so we could blag some Geordie hospitality.

I donā€™t know if anyoneā€™s interested but itā€™s the Manchester Critical Mass on the evening of Friday 26th of Jan. Iā€™ve not been to one before, I reckon a flotilla of unicycles there could be a larrf.

Also, thereā€™s a bar in Manchester called The Muttā€™s Nuts. I think weā€™d be defying cosmic law and risk incurring the wrath of the gods were we not to get a group photo in front of the place.