16 inch nimbus trials or 20 inch nimbus trials?

nimbus. You can actually buy parts for it. My dx, im basically stuck with what i have. You cant buy a new dx frame for it. You cant buy new cranks. You cant buy a new hub. You cant buy a new rim. you can substitute things for them, but it would be much better to just buy the nimbus.

Get your LBS to order it from Seatle Bike Supply.

Get your LBS to order it from Seatle Bike Supply.

Get your LBS to order it from Seatle Bike Supply (I’ve done it).

It’s an alexDX32 rim. Extremely common trials rim. If you really can’t find the 48h version anyway, get your LBS to order it from Seattle Bike Supply.

i wasnt planning on breaking it. Im just saying. Much easier to get parts for the nimbus.

The LX and Sun are about the same in terms of strength, but I’d get the LX, save my money, then get a KH. You will probably want a 20 eventually anyways for freestle, flat and as a loaner, also you have a wider tire choice on a 20 (slick or knobby) than a trials. Until you get a splined uni keep all drops under 2 ft. or better yet no drops. Don’t be supprised if you bend the cranks, they aren’t that strong for cotterless, replace them w/ these.

If you go cheep on a trials rig I’d say get the Nimbus over the DX. You may want to consider upgrading the cranks to stronger KH Moments for like $50, 125’s are better for some tricks, and longer is better for other tricks and trials. I’ve heard that Onza Tensiles are better for trials than the KH 137’s. I would think that these in 145’s from UDC UK would be even better for trials (and a teeny bit lighter as well), but may be a bit too long for street and I’m not sure if you could get them from UDC US.

it looks like the nimbus will be my future unicycle. I cant wait to get started, it looks like unicycling is gunna be awsome. :smiley:

True you can’t get any Torker parts for the DX, but you can get any of the parts from other manufacturers.

Frame - any flat (not freestyle) or trials (eg. Nimbus)
Hub (w/ shim), cranks (set or '07 yellow ISIS), seat post, rim - Qu-Ax
Seat - KH
Steal or Carbon fiber seat base.

I agree the Nimbus is better anyways, for ISIS and less weight.

i know, im just saying that you cant just buy dx stuff direct from udc or anything. Im not really cool with my LBS here, so i didnt know about seattle bike supply

I posted all that stuff largely for those who happend to see it and want/need parts for their DX, but don’t know that they can get them or whrere from.

I was wanting longer cranks for my 24" and read on hear that the Qu-Ax fit. I now have 170’s (way more control and only a little slower). Even better I never hit my heels or ankles any more on the crank bolts.

hey, does anyone have any reviews about the nimbus 20" trials

I would go with the 20’

sorry i guess i wasnt clear. by flat street i meant like… practicing flips etc. like doubleflips are a whole lot easier on it. u should BY NO MEANS do any gaps on an lx or ne high jumps or long jumps. just good at flat technical stuff.