16 inch nimbus trials or 20 inch nimbus trials?

the rim is double walled, and you could always get this tire.

Torker LX.

Yeah, double walled but really narrow. Tire seems ok. Little narrow.

Oh yeah, I meant if I had some extra money too:o

by .1"? Dang, your picky. =p

The 16" ISIS uni looks fun, but I wouldnt want it.

I have played with the idea of getting the 16" Nimbus for parts, I could use the hub for my 26" MUni, a new seat for my trials, use the frame rim, tire and spokes to make a BOB style bike trailer and a new seat-post and clamp would also be nice, Not sure what I would do with 100mm ISIS cranks though :stuck_out_tongue:

haha I should see if I can get it with 165mm KH cranks.

i havent read any of the posts yet, but i would say a 20" i was short and so was my friend(when we started) i still am short but a bit taller now! We just cut our seat posts way low and used them like that. 16’s weren’t available then but i still think it would be a waste to got that small.

hope this helps

Beginner

how long does it take to be able to do some basic tials stunts, such as hoping around and onto curbs and stuff:)

It really depends on how quickly you learn, I was able to hop before I could ride, It’s different for everyone.

ok, thanks, cause my dads like well it will take forever to learn even how to ride

oh sorry i meant torker lx i was just recently reading something about a tx and yeah i dont trust my tx to hold up to anything more than curbs.

so the lx is a good beginner trials uni

the lx is good but wont last u long if u plan on trials. i do like it as a freestyle/flatland/flat street uni tho (even tho i dont have one). id go with this if ur getting a 20 inch and wanna keep it cheap.http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1048
but you know, a 16 inch would b a good experiment. its alot lighter and its easier to unispin on. i think crankflips and stuff would b easier to. it would b a lot lighter too so that might give you higher hops(even though weight doesnt affect hops THAT much, this would b significant). however, it sux for on wheel things. the crown is circular, which is very bad if u want to use the frame at all. it looks kinda goofy wen doing that stuff (dont really know if you mind about that). you might grow out of it. good luck with rolling gaps and just going fast in general too. so either way has its ups and downs. the 20 inch is what most use and it works fine, but lighter and more maneauverability would definitely help. its a tradeoff really, ur paying, you decide whats more important.

thanks for the info, and is http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=1048 a unicycle that could handle going down some muni stuff like on somewhat roccky terrain down a hill.

cause i dont plan on doind much muni, but i might do some once in a while

I’m sure that that uni could handle anything you can throw at it. it should last you many years.

i disagree, i have bent an LX on a rolling hop… flat to flat… bad for street
as far as the nimbus goes, it is a great uni for a good price, the KH crank upgrade makes it comparable to the KH … even better in some aspects.

thanks, now what do you recomend more, the nimbus or the dx http://www.jugglingstore.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=312

nimbus by far.

I have never ridden either but I would suggest the Nimbus because all of its parts are quite standard and easily replaced or upgraded.

cool, thanks, it stinks though cause i wont get it till christmas ugh :frowning: