'06 KHs

I believe the groove is already gone, and has been for some time.

I believe the groove was there to make the brakes squeak when the pads have worn thin, so that you know and can replace them. I’m pretty sure that is what Kris said in an earlier thread.

The groove is common on bike rims to show the level of sidewall wear due to brakes. I did not ask for it but the manufacturer put it in anyway. If you have a rim that broke along the groove, you can return it for warranty replacement.

All rims sold after April 2005 had no groove. Also the material was upgraded from 7005 T6 aluminum to stronger 7005H T6.

Kris

Are you ever going to get rid of the rail adaptor? The reason I haven’t gotten the freeride yet is because it looks annoying for seat out hops.

Buy the normal seat post for $18, I highly doubt he will be removing it as many people seem to like it for what it is.

I don’t have it on the KH20 for this reason, but it’s incredibly worth it on the Munis where you sit down for longer periods, because angle adjustibility makes such a difference for comfort.

Kris

Is there any visual way of telling if one has the 1.8mm cranks instead of the 1.6mm? cheers

Yes, If you havent bent them yet then either your not riding hard enough or you have the thicker walled cranks :stuck_out_tongue: chances are that the first situation applies here, and your not putting your uni through enough stresses for it to matter