Yeah! I ginded!!

Grinding is really fun.

I was grinding a bench today at a highschool, but then continued with some trials lines.

Someday ill be good enough for ginding… someday…

I am also confused what is ginding? Is it just grinding but on wood? Or is it different? Please help!

me too!

ive wanted to try grinding for a long time now but ive never made grind pedals or had a place to grind. tomorrow im gonna go file the pins down on one side of my pedals and go to a school near me wear i may be able to grind!

you have feet of metal piping just laying around? can i borrow i foot? i would like to see it.

please please! someone tell me what ginding is. i know what gRinding is but what is ginding im lost here

Ginding is what you go bragging about after you knock your teeth out practicing grinding.

no, i was seriously confused. i thought he meant to say ginding, and i had no idea what that was.

whatever forget it

Its a typo…he forgot the r…Geez…Dont you kids have any imgaination??

if any one has any questions on how to grind, id suggest u take the pins of 1 of your pedals. next step is just find a slanted medal surface. wax it up and try it. it should be higher than your cranks by at least 3 inches for a crank grind and 9 for pedal grind.

Question: do you always have to wax everything you grind on?
Because if yes, then grinding becomes sort of useless as a practical skill, doesn’t it?
Is it possible to just set up your uni in such a way that you can grind anywhere you want without any antecedent preparations? Like, you just ride around town, see a rail, think “Cool, rail. Why not grind it?” and grind it without getting off the uni to wax it first. That’d be really wicked.

oh ya, all the good grinders do that (I’m not one of them:D ) waxing it just makes it slide easier, thus making it easier to learn on

If you get a good cutting board(one of the thick plastic ones) you can cut it up and get 10 grindPlates that aloow you to grind anywhere(well almost anywhere)

this

it works very well, and is extremely durable. I can slide on unwaxed concrete for as long as I want.

Anyone know where you can get these in the UK?

T.

you could get that and pay kind of expensive shipping, or make one. buy some lexan sheeting, cut it appropriatley, and get some screws. I fyou really want I can measure the dimensions of mine.

I checked their site and they wanted $30+ for shipping, but they wanted my bank details before they could tell me the exact charge so scrtew that!

$30+ shipping for a $10 product? Nah.

I’ll look into the sheeting. Dimensions would be cool if you have the time.

T.

EDIT: I found a supplier but they only do 2m x 3m sheets for around £150 !!! I’ll email them to see if they have any offcuts or that.

Try my idea…just get a thick(1/4") cutting board and you can make like 6-10(depends on size) grindplates that work awsome.

Aye? What is cutting board? Lexan seems hard to find in wee bits.

T.