Wrist Guards

Are there any wrist guards or anything that will actually protect your wrist from falls? I’m not talking about like scraping, but more of like spraining stuff.

Re: Wrist Guards

Any wristwraps will. They have fabric that goes around your wrists and keeps it from flexing in bad ways.

I’m using wieght lifting wrist supports and full fingered gloves.
Stuff I already had…

As a result of a stupendous crash the other week, (I started a thread here somewhere - search “coker superman”) I just bought a pair of Harbinger glove/wrist things and they are just what I was looking for. My hands are huge and the XL size fit quite well. THe only downside, as far as I can see is that it’s a lot more difficult to thoroughly “adjust” oneself with them on.

Unicycle.com sells them for like $30, but skates.com has them for $25 - and their shipping is cheaper too.

http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=525

Harbinger’s gloves

I got a pair of Harbingers. They are good.

My first pair of wrist guards were a skateboard-style that had two plastic pieces held together by velco straps. The Harbingers with their wrap-around leather are easier to put on they give more protection to the whole wrist area.

I’ve worn them regularly. I’ve fallen on my hands about 4 times in the past few months with no problem.

Marc

Harbingers definitely get my vote.

also the new kris holm pulse gloves are suppost to be really good unicycle.com says they will have them late december so thats what I am going to get:D

My vote goes to the Harbingers too. I have a review of them on my
website at <http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/unicycles.htm>.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham”

Yeah but Harbingers aren’t full-fingered…

That’s what’s stopped me getting them, they’re pretty tight, so you can’t wear gloves under them to keep your fingers warm on those freezing winter rides. Currently I use gloves underneath rollerblade wristguards, but I’m definately considering the kris holm full fingered gloves.

Joe

Winter riding

The Harbingers do provide a bit of warmth. But for really cold days, I was thinking of getting mittens to put over the Harbingers.

Last ski season I saw one of our Snowboard instructors had a wrist splint that was designed to fit under and ski/board glove.

I think it was DaKine.

Might be an option for cold weather riding.

On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 03:18:48 -0600, “joemarshall” wrote:

>Murde Mental wrote:
>> *Yeah but Harbingers aren’t full-fingered… *

I find that attractive for better manipulation of things like camera,
GPS or handkerchief. Indeed you can’t have gloves under them, but I’ve
had mittens over them on freezing days. The same size mittens that I
also use without Harbingers. Kind of tight around the splint (while
getting them on) but it worked well for holding the handle and all
that, and of course for protecting against the cold.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

“Deflating pi does not reduce calories, it just concentrates them. - billham”