Would like suggestions

Do you have a link by any chance?? :smiley:

http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30&action=details&sku=UN2020
(found the link probably faster than it took for you to type yr post…hehe)

By the pic and specs it is the 2007 model.

Yeah i think it’s the new one as well according to this one. :smiley:
http://www.unicycle.com/Shopping/shopexd.asp?id=799

Thanks
:smiley:

im definitely gonna buy it then

cant wait!

I got mine yesterday from aebikes and it’s most definitely the newest model. :slight_smile:

It’s beautiful.

cool.

i just ordered mine :smiley:

YAY, have fun with it. :smiley:

i will!

but it will probably take ages to get here because im in the uk

but itll be worth the wait

With shipping and the horrendous border fees I can almost guarantee you will end up with a better price from Bedford unicycles. Bedford’s prices include tax, and shipping from Toronto shouldn’t be that much. Plus of course his prices are in Canadian dollars.

I would definatly recomend you check out Bedford first at least before considering buying from outside of Canada.

nope, its cheaper this way, i didnt have to pay tax… it came to £182 which is about £100 cheaper

When products cross the Canada/USA border they add taxes to it. PST and GST depending on the province it entered, from there the shipper will be the one who pays it, then they like to charge basicaly a random amount for the service of paying the tax. When the package gets to you, you then have to pay the taxes plus the additional fees applied by the shipper.

Another thing is that Fedex is getting annoying with this. I recently had a package delivered and they just dropped it off without any mention of money. A couple weeks later I got a bill in the mail for thirty dollars. This is double what the shipping costs were. There was only about ten dollars in tax but there was 20 dollars in fees from Fedex.

These fees are pretty standard from shippers when crossing the Canada/USA border. Strangely though when I import things from countries where they never cross that border, I get no fees whatsoever.

A couple other examples from my personal experience are when I bought the 4x4’s from UDC. I payed 40 dollars in border fees from UPS!
When my friend Nick bought his DX on ebay, he payed 90 dollars in fees from UPS!

These are some prime examples of why it is almost always better to look for Canadian alternative first. Assume you will pay at least 20-30% in fees.

That being said, occasionaly for some strange reason, nothing will be charged. I have bought lots of items from the US without any fees. But unfortunatly that usualy depends on the size of the box and the labels on it.

If a package is small and has no company labels on it then you are pretty safe. But if it at all looks like a commercial item or if its pretty large (like a unicycle) then you are pretty much guaranteed a charge. Probably about 80 percent of the things I have bought from across the border have been charged.

Also in my experience the shippers that charge the most are from highest to lowest:

UPS
FEDEX
USPS.

USPS usualy doesn’t charge much at all for paying the taxes, but I have only bought smaller items from them, so its possible they may charge more. For Fedex although they didn’t charge as much as UPS they are even more secretive about it in that you recieve the bill in the mail a while later.
Finaly UPS seems to charge the most, but its possible they charge a fixed rate and therefore more expensive items would be better off shipped with UPS.

So long story short, always try for Canadian alternatives before buying from across the border. I would actualy prefer to buy from across the pond than from the US.

yeh but cos im in the uk, will it cross the border? because its being shipped by international airmail

i dunno lol

i ordered it yesterday anyway, and i dont think i can cancel, so ill just have to wait and see

but still, thanks for the advice

I think it depends on local laws. It used to be that charging fees like that and forcing you to pay them was considered extortion, but now they have found a loophole around that by saying they are giving you a line of credit or something. So its possible that the UK won’t allow it. It may also depend on the shipper once it gets to the UK.

well hopefully ill be ok then

but if im not, and they do charge me, im sure ist not gona be more than £100…so atleast i know i got it cheaper lol

haha when I was reading this thread I was thinking you were in London Ontario.

yah import/handeling fees suck, I have no idea what they are like in England but it cost me over $200 to get my new Nimbus 36 shipped from UDC if you include tax and the $70 of hidden handeling fees. I once ended up paying $130 for $60 worth of stuff because of shipping etc.