Who are you guys?

do to overwelming PM’s and e-mails, i will now join in the thread.

my name is" Jagur" its in the bible, Joshua 15:23,check it.im a piece of land(yeah).

ive been riding and fixing bikes for a long long time,so long that i have grown to hate bikes now (exept Moultons and Dursley-Petersens) i only ride bikes for utilitarian purposes now.i do not own a car or have i ever owned one.ive never even had a drivers licence.im 29 years old with 2 kids and a wife through commen law marrige.my kids are 8(girl) and 4(boy).

i allways wanted to learn how to unicycle,but never got around to buying one till a year ago when my tweeker neighbor pulled one off his junky flat bed truck one day.knowing that a 20 dollar bill would’nt be refused,i said"hey if you sold me that there brokin bicycle you could afford another tank of petrol and maybe a 40 of ST.Ides"yeah, my first and last CyclePro uni.i quickly stipped the lolly pops to death and pounded the crank arms back on about every 5 minutes.(total P.O.S.)

20 minutes a day for 2 weeks and i was riding as far as i wanted but turning was a big issue.the backs of my legs were very blood soaked back then.

couple of months later i was at a freinds house up to no good drinking Papst Blue Ribbon and he says"so i heard you have been unicyling"i loudly belched first then said yes.at this point he put in the digger no fear video in with that 7 minute KH session and i knew then that unicycling for me was gonna change.little did i know how utterly expensive it would be.

from this point i had to go to the library to use the internet because i did’nt even have a computer yet.i got on to uni.com and was greeted with confusion by the shear multitude of options for muni.i chose the Profile 26" and i am still riding it although it now has a 24" wheel and all the air this,handle that extras.it sure was nice to start out with a Profile hub/crankset in the first place.

oh ya,i live in Salem,Oregon and ride by myself everywhere.i am the only one in my town so far to ride thats over the age of 11.i have gone on one muni ride with Cliff Cordy(he is not deaf) in corvallis but that was just once.remember i dont have a car and Salem does’nt have any trails better than Cliff has in Corvallis so its tuff to hook up.

when im not unicycling i like to listen to music like Throbbing Grissle,Negativeland,micheal jackson,Big Audio Dynomite,but my favorite type of music is classical.then there is A.M. radio.i am what you would call a freak when it comes to amplitude modulation,i can sit in a corner and DX signals all night long.

so,i end up buying a cheap ass computer so i can get the zen knowledge of muni,then i find out that there isnt really that much because its such a new thing,and all the good stuff is in here!being tested right now.so this is my official thank you for all your reveiws.

one thing i never expected, was to be dissed so hard for selling my Coker…seriously things have been differant since i put that up at auction.right now i have a 29er going and i am liking it so much that muni riding on my 24 by 3 is starting to feel slow and boring.i feel a style shift coming on.

-Jagur-

P.S.i wish i could go, but its just inconceivable.

Re: Who are you guys?

My name’s Dylan Wallinger, probably many of you guys know me. I’m just some
canadian kid trying to do trials… and hopefully MUni when I get some money.

ttyl,

-Dylan

Hi, I’m Aaron.
I think the first time I saw someone riding a unicycle was when I was about 14. I was playing soccer and some kid rode by. I thought it was the coolest thing. I’ve wanted to ride since then.

On my 21st birthday, my sister gave me a unicycle. A 20" cyclepro which is what I currently ride. I tried riding it for the first week or so inside the house but gave up soon after that. The uni has sat in the garage until about 2 months ago, I needed a new hobby and I thought of my unicycle.
I did a google search, read a couple tutorials and went for it.
It took me about 3 weeks, 16-20 hours to get the first 50 feet.

Now, I can ride, freemount with both feet, idle with my right foot down. I’m currently learning how to idle with my left foot down and hop. Until I kinda broke one of my pedals which hopping last night.

I’m looking to get into a little bit of everything. Everything that a casual bike user would be able to do. Ride around, up/down curbs, stairs, small drops. I’m thinking the Semcycle XLW 24" will be my next uni.

This forum has be invaluable as far as advice goes. I’m learned so much from here. And the videos everyone has posted has been my inspiration. I watch the unizaba trailer daily to inspire me to go practice…

Who?

Suppp
Meh names Jon, i’m 13. I’ve been unicycling for about a year now and it just keeps getting funner…one of the many reasons I love unicycling so much. Itz jusst awesome to ride. I started out by learning on my dad’s 15 year old, 24in Schwinn, which is in exelent condition. Then my brother learned how to ride so I had to get my own so that we wouldn’t have to keep switching off riding one uni. So I bought a new Schwinn. Ahhhh. Then I bought a 6foot giraffe Schwinn. Next I wanted a uni for street tricks, so the people who post here gave me some good info and I decided to get myself a 20in Myata delux, and it rides like a dream. And now I can do the stuff I wanted to do that I wasn’t able to do on the Schwinns. I haven’t been recognized of level acheivments and havn’t tried but plan to go to the convetions this July. I can do everything from level 1 to 5, yes including wheel walk (with ease). Also some level 6 and 7 tricks, alot of the one footed moves and seat in back front and side. Right now i’m mainly working on one footed ww, so I can eventualy glide, yay cant wait. I’ll be posting, when I can that is, and provide you with the information I have gathered from my experiences that might help you. blah peace out

~Jon~