Whistler Bikepark officially allows mountain unicycles

Lutsen Mountain did at one time allow unicyclists but has since banned all cycling on their trails, citing erosion as the primary reason.

It was Mammoth Mountain in California in, I think, 1987. I know I struggled getting down on the loose gravel of the track on my Pashley 24 which I had converted to a 26" with an offroad tyre.

I got lots of postive feedback when I did it I know that. :slight_smile:

Roger

Thanks Roger. That’s got to be some historical early MUni riding! If you still have a copy of that magazine/cover it would be great if you could scan it and post it here and/or send me a copy. :slight_smile:

I would love to find the copy I had. I think I gave it my mother years ago and hoped it was in her loft… it was not. I have also talked to MBUK about it and their records that far back are not complete but have promised if they find it to send me a copy.

Lets hope one turns up… not as if it is a really exciting picture, just me on top of a mountain doing a still stand with my arm out.

Roger

I am sure I have seen this photo, years ago. So it’s possible there’s one somewhere online. Might be worth a bit of searching.

Kris

I’m glad this thread came up. I’ve wanted to go ride muni at Mammoth Mountain, but it never crossed my mind that it might be a problem. In my head I just thought “Oh it’s a small item, it won’t be an issue”

Thanks for lookin out for the community Kris!