Where has BIG STREET gone? CALLOUT

it seems that there is some amazing trials/ultratech street riding going down , but i have not seen a good big street video in a long time. I don’t have much time now, but i’ll try to make a video soon that will be partially big street, but i want to see some big street videos!

I’ll make a contest in the video section so that discussion about the topic and ppl who are making videos are seperate and understandable. (please no video making info here)

street is bigger than it’s ever been. It just doesn’t seem that way because of what it is compared to. Back when “big street” was “big street” it was simply like 8 sets and 8-10 set rails. But that is all there was. Nowadays it’s 8 set flips, fakie180s, 180s and what not, and 11-15 set rails but surrounded by tech stuff too. So “big street” has gone no where. Like I said street is bigger than it’s ever been.

-SJ

There hasn’t been any really good vids of any though lately…

exactly, and there are VERY FEW people who do those tricks multiple times.

The other issue with “big street” is that its very hard on parts and riders. Many big street riders are realising this and cutting back the amount they do.

Also big street doesn’t offer as much challenge as tech does. Sure you can combine them, but adding more spin to a crankflip or a unispin or doing a combo of tech tricks into eachother is much harder than doing that trick off of something huge.

wouldnt you say that luke C’s latest video was “BIG” street? i mean if you werent happy with that then big street doesnt exist…have another look http://www.vimeo.com/822278:slight_smile:

So when you say ‘big street’ your thinking hitting the biggest jumps whatever you can without tricking it right?

So like Shaun said, big street used to be simply jumping 8 sets, but now it’s like, tricks on 8 sets and stuff. So big street now should be, hitting something so big you wouldn’t be able to trick down it. Right?

exactly …
there are very few ppl that i’ve seen doing tricks down 8’s, which are decent stairsets, but not giants.

big stairsets, huge gaps, all rolling… with solid tricks like tiregrabs and shiftys

I guess its just my personal preference to see someone do a 360 tire grab down an 8 set than to fifthflip it.

i would say that it has a little big street in it, yes, but it has a lot more other stuff, and that is the only one in the past 3 or 4 months that i’ve seen.

In big street, although being nervous to go that big is definitely part of the factor, one of my main things that limits me is finding stairsets or handrails. I grew up in a small, pretty flat town…and the town im in right now is even flatter. Now it would be alot better to find sets and rails if I grew up in a big city with multiple schools/buildings/etc. and more hills.

KH.

QUOTE=juggle508]In big street, although being nervous to go that big is definitely part of the factor, one of my main things that limits me is finding stairsets or handrails. I grew up in a small, pretty flat town…and the town im in right now is even flatter. Now it would be alot better to find sets and rails if I grew up in a big city with multiple schools/buildings/etc. and more hills.

KH.
[/QUOTE]

Yea totaly agreethe biggest sets I have anywere newr me are 5s. In my school there are more but I can only ride those in school holidays and its still quite far for me to travel. I have no fears about jumping 5s and I can often flip them and stuff but anything beeger than that is pretty new to me and more daunting than it should be.