What would have Kris H make?

Just get a metal viscount/classic seat and throw a handle on it.

Ti frame might be something for the future. Doesn’t mean I can’t stop dreaming about one.
Color is fine. The parts are what really matter.

I would like to see the following created by Kris

• A higher end BC wheel
  • a 36er
  • stronger seats, posts, and bolts (they snap way too easily right now)
  • mass produce CF bases.
  • remove the rail brackets. They suck and bend super easy. Have what Scott Wallis does with just two bolts.

I don’t really want to see a Freestyle as many newbies will buy them and break them off drops etc. It might prevent them from buying other stuff from KHU.

#1 thing for me at this time is to get that geared hub going

It’s always easy to complain about something, but to do a good job is very hard. Good work with the rest of the unis. I like it that you give %1 away to the environment!

Daniel

I would like to see a freestyle uni avalable from KH, or even just some freestyle oriented components. It might be hard to come out with a whole new uni, but if he had components like the cranks, maybe a little different style seat/bumpers, and a long neck skinny frame, that would be pretty chill.

I would like it if he sold long neck street/trials frames too, I’m always hitting my knees on that seatpost clamp, and is probably the most painful way for me to injur myself other than getting racked.

I’m sure someone posted about a kh prototype that worked like this, so maybe it’s already planned. Does seem to make sense.

I talked to Roger unicycle.com about CF seat bases, and he said that the Scot Wallis bases were a pretty good deal, and that he couldn’t do the same thing with all that gubbins attached for that price. Looking at the price of carbon fibre bike seats, the price is not that different to the Wallis ones, and a bike seat has less hardware to attach on to the base. It would be awesome if they were cheaper though for sure.

Joe

Oh, I would also like for someone to make a slick, hard rubber compund 19" tire for street. I know it’s not likely for KH to make it, but I can dream.

A seatpost adapter like in this thread. No more rails. Similar adjustment and design as the Scott Wallis setup. I’d be surprised if that wasn’t already in the works for KH.

A better KH air seat

The one I have has a bike tube that shifts around a bit, at times becoming a bit misshapen, so it almost feels like the seat is on crocked. I am sure a one piece purpose built air bag that stays put would be very popular.
A variety of different size and shape seats would be so cool. Like a vendor could bring all these different seats to a big uni gathering. I would love to try a bunch of different seats and then buy the most comfortable that fit me best.

splined 36er

umm, that already exists. or it could. no one uses it though because i ask you, why is it even necessary?

Most splined hubs aren’t wide enough from flange to flange to get a really stable wheel build.

because i’d love to take a 36er off large drops at high speed

Save us Kris, we need someone to step up and make a strong and light 36" rim that fits both of the current tires!

oh yeah, good point. that still doesnt answer my question though. why? we dont even have rims that can stand up to the abuse that the current UDC cotterless hubs can take. one false move and the tire blows its ass off the rim.

See my second post after that. I agree with you though, there really isn’t a need for splined coker hubs yet I was just saying why no one uses that setup. What we really need is a good rim.

frame and hub color options

Maybe not, but how about drilled CrMo seatposts? Like BMX pegs in these pictures:

701alu01.jpg

erm if you want a CF seatpost get one for a bike. duh…
and a rail adapter.

No thanks. Rail adapter weights more than aluminium seatpost. KH Rail adapter weights 290 g. So 290 g + 150 g = 440 g and my CrMo seatpost weights about 450 g and it’s probably way more durable.

As would I… I’m always playing around with my seat setup and it would be nice to have a couple extra pieces of foam to use.

Plus, my current Fusion cover is ripped to sh*t and my only options at this point are to buy a complete seat, or to sew my own seatcover. WTF?

MUni shoes. Skate-shoe tread pattern, but stiffer than skate shoes, with hiking shoe rubber and toe protection.