What is your greatest unicycling-related insight?

That old dogs can definitely learn new tricks! :sunglasses:

Or to put in my own words…“I may be older, but I still have plenty of fire in my tire!” :smiley:

Hah! Not only do I love this, but I’ve done it. I actually prescribed a muni to one of my patients who is in his early 20’s and has a history of mild depression. He obviously needed some inspiration in his life, something to accomplish and be proud of. I told his father this, he’s used to my being a somewhat unusual doctor. It went something like: “No, your son doesn’t need Prozac he needs this totally cool KH 26” muni with FFR seat and a Maggi brake!" I don’t think he got a muni though.

Another health-related insight:
Life and health, like unicycling, is not about achieving homeostasis. There is nothing static about life. Everything is in a dynamic equilibrium. The healthier/better unicyclist you are, the more in balance you will be, with only slight effort needed to correct for slight imbalances. Poor health/riding ability results in greater imbalances that require more forceful interventions. If you are really healthy/a good unicyclist then you can choose to undertake great adventures that will tax you skills, endurance and ability to maintain balance. Doing this will make you stronger. Health/unicycling and happiness go hand in hand.

Geoff

+1
And it’s one of few things in life that doesn’t fit into the statement “too much of a good thing can hurt you”
Being able to unicycling makes you realize that many of the other things you once thought impossible are probable.

Kids love unicycles. They are drawn to them. Great for pedophiles… Just kidding. My greatest insight was that you can do TRICKS!!! Who knew?

Maybe not unicycle-related per se, but definitely unicycle-induced.

Humans simply can’t understand huge numbers like one million even if they experience them. We can only understand things on a very small level.

Tell me qualitatively how your forrest of one million trees is affected if I cut down a lot of them – say, one hundred. I couldn’t.

I was waiting for kilometer 3630 on my tour last year, because that was my millionth pedal stroke. I got there, and tried to think of one million and found I had no better idea than I had before. Hell I have no idea what “it’s like” (probably my most-common and least favourite question) to unicycle across Canada. What does that question even mean? I kind of know what it’s like to ride for a day, but even then I don’t think my understanding is very thorough.

I think the same applies for big ideas and everything big in general. I don’t care how global your perspective is, nobody can really understand the big issues at a big scale.