WHAT 36" to buy ?

Give you one saddle nut

I’m willing to sell the first prototype frame; it works quite well! It does flex a bit when going up really steep hills, so I am going to make another frame at some point. Given the time and effort I have into the frame, I’d probably sell it for $400, which isn’t cheap for a mass produced frame, but is very cheap for a hand-built frame.

-corbin

The materials alone cost more than that :slight_smile:

Yeah, the schlumpf hub was probably $1500. :stuck_out_tongue:

Corbin, do you ever do custom work for other people?

I’ve made a few things for people; usually handlebars. If you want a frame, my friend (and fellow unicyclist) Bronson Silva (silvacycles.com) can make a custom one that is similar to mine, or modified to your specifications. I already have a good jig he could use to make it. Email me if you want to get ahold of him or get one made.

corbin

corbin shift-2 corbinstreehouse . com

Thanks!

what 36" to buy

Well just wanted to say thanks to everyone for there opinions,and advice,I ended up getting a nimbus nightrider/titan parts,(josh) at udc hooked me up.I hadn’t unicycled in along time,the 36er is alot different than my 20" i had in jr high,i’ve had it two days and i can free mount and i probably rode about five miles this weekend.The 36" is awsome to ride,alot of fun,looking to put some bars on it eventually,not sure what route I wanna go yet,thanks again…

Gotta see some pictures of that, heshman!

Cool, 30 years of no riding straight to a 36er, that’s quite a leap!

Congrats. The 36 is fun esp on shorter cranks. Welcome back. Let us know how it goes.

How long had it been since you had cycled?

what 36" to buy

Ya I’m getiing the hang of it,I’m about 1 for 3 on free mounting the thing,once i get moving,i’m allright,this thing hauls ass,nothing like my twenty inch that I used to ride back in jr high,i’m going to turn 48 the 10th of august,so it’s been awhile,I got it with 125mm cranks,just off of what i read on here,takes some strength to stop the thing with short cranks,but the unigeezer told me to leave them on there and give them a chance…I just got home from a two mile ride,I did 5 yesterday,pretty cool I really enjoy riding this thing,thanks again to all the replies,I’ll try to post a pic,as soon as i figure out how…

Most people start with longer cranks and move to shorter ones. It is significantly easier to mount with 150s, but shortly you will want 125s anyway.

What 36" to buy

Here it is.

UNI 1.jpg

I like it! The nightrider frame looks cool.