Washed up has been . . .

Thank you for the kind words. Hopefully you will hang around. Pain sucks and I hope you find a remedy.

I’m done :(:o :angry: :thinking: :astonished: :sunglasses:

I’ve got no more ‘fight’ left in me. 350+ days of hoping. I just can’t sustain it anymore.

I was walking past my 29". And I reached out and touched the seat, squeezed it and remembered the feeling of learning to jump up on that thing. I was at about 9 times out of 10 success, and sometimes I did that graceful thing that you see people doing in videos, jumping forward and riding away with no wasted motions, no waving of arms. I miss that feeling.

I squeezed the seat that I hand crafted from two types of foam. That I shaped to match my backside perfectly. Sitting next to it the 20" that I built a $200 dollar wheel for. And next to that the 24" that brought me back into riding after a 30 year break.

And I lost it. I started crying. It felt like breaking up with someone. Every fiber saying ‘No’, but the intellect says it’s time to let go. I had planned to try again on the 1 year anniversary of stopping regular riding, but today my knees hurt just walking up a flight of stairs in spite of basically a week of rest for them.

Here is the thing

I rode so much in my youth without learning tricks that learning to idle and ride backwards was on my ‘bucket list’. About the only thing on my bucket list. I don’t need to see Fiji or make some monetary goal. I wanted to learn to ride backwards and be able to idle. It was the completion of being able to control the crazy thing that is riding on one wheel. Forward, backward, stay in one place.

There is more, a back story, but it’s not post on the internet type stuff.

At this point I’m not sure what I’m going to do with the Uni’s.

So next time you ride take a moment to look at your Uni and say ‘thank you’.

I’ll stop by this thread if I see a post but also feel free to send me comments Comments are welcome at ezas@yahoo.com especially if you want a reply.

This thread was about saying goodbye to riding. I don’t expect to post in it any more since I’ve said what I want to say in the past week.

It goes without saying, but this was a great place to hang out for a few years. Im not sure there is another forum that has such a diverse group of people, of all ages, with something in common . . .

Riding on one goddamm wheel.

God bless, and happy and safe riding to everyone.

Eric

That’s the most emotional post I’ve read in a long time (and there ain’t no smilie to sum it up)

Amen.