VIMW: Schedule and Directions to Rides

Hey Everybody,

The Schedule has been rearranged according to when riders will be arriving and leaving, making the better activities available for the largest number of people. Also, I have decided that the trails chosen will be enjoyable for riders of all skill Levels, so there will only be one scheduled ride each day.

The revised schedule is as follows:

-Wednesday, August 20: ?

-Thursday, August 21: ?

-Friday, August 22: Ride: 12 noon: Flow Riding Fun Comp, at “Area 51” - Evening: Trials Barbecue at Miracle Beach.

-Saturday, August 23: Main Ride: Leave Dylan’s House 9:30 am - Forbidden Plateau, “Two Sheiks and a Dog”.
Evening: Burger Dinner at Edgewater Bistro in Comox (veggie, salmon, and beef) UNiVERsE 2 Preview.

-Sunday, August 24: Ride: 10:00 am - “Bucket O’ Blood”, Cumberland… Evening - Pasta Dinner ay Dylan’s House

-Monday, August 25: ?

-Tuesday, August 26: ?

The actual event is from August 22-24 so if anyone is coming early, we will probably just hang out or do some minor rides.

Directions to the trails will be posted on my front door if you arrive at my house after we leave. The directions will also be posted on here very soon.

As for prices for food, all of that will be posted tomorrow, when it is finalised.

See you soon,

-Dylan

Hey Dylan,
In your header it says directions to rides. How about directions to your place as well. I know you are in Black Creek. But I’m not sure where in Black Creek. Unless I missed it in a previous post.
Thanks,

Lauren posted massive amounts of information (directions, ferry schedules, etc.) in this very informative thread.

Thanks Harper for the link. I see it now. Hope to see you over there for the weekend.

I just realized that this is all happening really close to my cousin’s place (I was there last summer for a reunion). :astonished:

Another reason I wish I was free to go.

I hope everyone has a great time and this happens again next year so I can go too! :smiley:

Hey Everyone,

The Prices for food will be 10 dollars Canadian a plate (burgers and the barbecue), and alcohol will differ with the type.

Here are directions to the rides from my house:

“Area 51 - Flow Ride Fun Comp”: take a right out of my driveway and drive on Miracle Beach Drive untill you come to an intersection, take a left. Drive straight untill you come down a hill and on your right you’ll see a “burger bus,” an antique store, and an Army Surplus store. When you see these, take a left onto Williams Beach Road. Drive down this road untill you see a Christian School (it’s on a corner) and take a left. This road is a dirt road. Drive untill you see parked cars and the trailhead on the right.

“Trials Barbecue - Fun stuff”: take a left out of my driveway and drive(or ride) untill you come to the Miracle Beach Parking lot (not the campground, the parking lots on your left.) Park(it will cost 5 dollars), or ride and follow the signs untill you see us.

“Two Sheiks and a Dog - Main Ride”: take a right out of my driveway and drive on Miracle Beach Drive untill you come to an intersection, take a left, then take the immediate next right onto hamm road. Drive along this road untill you come to the highway, take a left. Drive on the highway untill you see an exit for Forbidden Plateau. Take the exit and follow the signs to forbidden plateau. Drive all the way up forbidden plateau road untill you see a VIMW sign on your left, park and ride and follow the arrows.

“Bucket o’ Blood - Sunday’s Ride”: take a right out of my driveway and drive on Miracle Beach Drive untill you come to an intersection, take a left, then take the immediate next right onto hamm road. Drive along this road untill you come to the highway, take a left. Drive on the highway untill you see an exit for Cumberland. Take the exit and drive down it untill you come into cumberland. Follow the signs to “Comox Lake” and you should find yourself on dunsmuir ave. or the main road with the stores. As the road goes out of town, there will be a gravel parking lot on your left. Park there. Walk out of the parking lot and look down the road to your left, you will see a yellow gate. Go around the gate and Ride up the gravel road to your right. Follow the signs and arrows and markers left from there on.

If you get lost Lauren will have her cell on her (1-250-218-0007)

see you soon,

-Dylan

Is Canadian currency a requirement, or would you accept 10 USD as well?

-Jon

canadian money

Hey Jon,

Yeah we will acsept American currency, not a problem.

See you soon,
Laur