Video: Unilogue - talking about unicycles

Thanks this helps! I am unskilled, and would mostly be riding it on trails or forest service roads in areas around campgrounds,RV parks, ORV areas, the beach, etc. I was leaning towards the 27.5, and now feel more confident that’s the right size.

+1. Peck was a pioneer, but he also advocated rather strange things, like wheel walking as a way to climb steep slopes. I think you have to view him as a visionary, but also as someone who was going where no man had gone before, and was therefore often wrong.

iflovingyouiswrong

I went and rewatched Rough Terrain Unicycling and it’s amazing just how really good he was and by today’s standards, unconventional. Half the time he’s got both arms flailing wildly while he crosses what looks like impossible terrain. There’s nothing smooth or flowing about his riding at all, but he does some amazing stuff.

Whenever I watch it I think of MTB back in the day which was basically what’s now become cyclocross. Skinny tyres and zero suspension skidding around in the mud.

Now there isn’t really a comparable modern version in unicycling, but it could be a fun event. A MUni trials combo but you’re not allowed to hold the handle, and you’re not allowed any tyres wider than 2".

1 Like