Video of Mondo XVI - 11 minutes

Hey folks, I made an 11 minute video of this year’s Mondofest. It’s from an ISUJC/ISUUC (ISU Juggling and Unicycling clubs) perspective - but has a great overview of mondo and a good 1/3 - 1/2 of it is straight unicycling.

I think many of you will get a kick out of it - it has part of the TCUC performance as well as a little bit of trials riding with Max and his friend who’s name I forgot because I suck.

It’s Encoded in DIVX (download Codec) and is 76 megs long. The download is well worth it, trust me! (good quality and all that, and if you succesfully watched Andrew Carter’s 8 minute video then you should already have DIVX installed)

Faster server: ftp://207.44.214.116/mondodivx.avi

http://www.teamroadshow.com/events/mondo2005/mondodivx.avi

[edit: added faster server link.]

3 ~ 6 kps

isnt gonna cut it for me … I’m gonna have to skip this one

if you have a good connection it’s definitely worth the d/l. i mean, i’m in it. :slight_smile:

others are having the trouble as well, I’m not sure why the server is being this slow - I’ll work on getting a better one up or on a faster connection.

Other’s might be having better luck.

//edit: I get about 300k, which makes it about an hour download, which I think it worth it. I’ll one up that’s a crappier quality though, for those of you with slower connections.

My D/L rate exceeds 176kps on a GOOD SERVER.

It’s not my end that bogged.

I’m sure I would enjoy it. I enjoy seeing/meeting all Uniists. :smiley:

I’m on T3 and I’m getting 20k a sec. Unacceptable.

Sorry about the slow server. I’m about 3 hours away from it and I get between 200 and 300 k, so I maybe it’s location. I didn’t mean to imply that you guys were doing something wrong or anything of that sort. I’m uploading a 40 meg lower quality version now. It will be available at http://www.teamroadshow.com/events/mondo2005/mondodivxlow.avi about 1.5 hours after this post. (I have a really capped upload speed, which is why I’m not hosting it personally)

It might just be slow for many people right now due to a heavy server load - if someone does happen to get the larger version downloaded and wants to mirror it on a better server that’d be great. That’s all assuming they think the video is worth it.

Anyone know how to seed a .torrent?

I’d work on this more right now but I have to go juggle at a show tonight - thanks for being patient with this. :slight_smile:

That was an awesome vid. Defiantly worth the download. I loved the music and the editing was more then decent.

One question: Was that Gilby spinning that kid around?

I believe it was. Which one did you watch? The 40 or the 76?

1. I didn’t know there was a 40 around.

I hope you don’t mind that I stole a clip from the video (the part with the horsie cycle) and posted it in this thread.

daino, i’m sure that’s fine and yes that was gilby spinning one of the girls around. hopefully we get our server issues resolved. and everyone can check out our video.

Seager,

Great video!! You really captured the fun, chaotic feel of MONDO. You guys looked like you having a good time. I like the integration of still photos in the video and the music selection was perfect. I would never have guessed that it was shot on a digi camera in video mode.

Seager, I also rode a girraffe for the first time at MONDO last year. It was scary at first because I was afraid I would fall and land on my back. It’s nice to have such a large collection of unicycles to play on.

It’s fun to watch your club passing. It made me step away from my homework to do some club juggling in the kitchen. I’ve got to get some club passing action next time I’m in Ames.

love, peace, chicken grease…Joe

There is a newer, WAY FASTER mirror up now at
ftp://207.44.214.116/mondodivx.avi

I think you will all be much happier - please check it out :slight_smile:

Mojoe - I’m looking forward to it. :smiley:

Thx … 128kps now … around 9 mins to D/L …

wow … lots of talent :smiley:

I don’t know many of us have picked up a real bowling pin… but they are HEAVY.
I bet that guy with those gets an occational serious bruise :frowning:

That video was great. Good music, awesome juggling and unicycling. The best part was when I saw someone in my Juggling and Unicycling there balancing two balls, one atop the other.

I’m very glad I downloaded that video, it was awesome.

I’m in it! it’s weird watching a video and seeing yourself and your little sister go through the background riding our unicycles. We showed it to everyone we know… Haha.

Fantastic movie! Thanks for the great footage, great editing, and great-res video you posted. Definitely worth the download.

Andrew

That was REALLY a very good movie. This best club passer in the world is AWESOME :slight_smile:

wogri

That’s Andy Cotter and me doing what we call the German Flying Twirl with Maria Muellerliele and Beth Shields.

Those balls are actually spinning, it’s nuts.

I’m glad you all like it!