Video - Ferny Hills trials (Part 2)...

man i swear andrew your like the next kris holm :smiley: well done :slight_smile:

Thanks guys :). Keaton, itā€™s a KH uni with two big Maxxis stickers down the fork legs. I am going to upgrade to Profileā€™s or the new KH Onzas if I can get them cheap enough. I also wantto have a custom frame made for the sole reason that I like having something unique. :slight_smile: Before that thouhg Iā€™m getting a new frame made up for my muni.

I was going to make another movie today but thereā€™s no car available to borrow and I havenā€™t yet figured out how to carry the uni on my motorbike. Maybe Iā€™ll find somewhere close ot home I can ride, weā€™ll see.

Andrew

good riding, but why donā€™t you ask somebody to film for you? or buy a tripod. Itā€™s pretty boring sitting and watch on foam angles.

Simon

personally i like the angles because they do a great job of showing exactly what you are doing in each shot.

Wow!

yeah sure, but itā€™s kinda boring when itā€™s in every clip ā€œstilā€ filming. Free filming is much more funnier.

Simon

I guess I wasnā€™t going for the ā€˜funnyā€™ approach. Sure there are a few lines that would have suited a moving camera, but I wasnā€™t going to ask someone to come out with me just for that. When Iā€™m out riding itā€™s usually early afternoon when anyone who might be interested in unicycling with me would still be at work. Personally I do actually prefer the still camera for most but not all of the shots in a video.

Andrew

Edit - Why did you think I wasnā€™t using a tripod? I was.

Again, awesome.

Very nice riding (damn im jealous of your railing skills :slight_smile: ), nice filming (and you are doing it all alone, I respect this very much! Even better filming then lots of others who have a camera man.) and the music fits to the video.

Have nothing to add to foxxā€™ statement in your other thread.

Tassilo

i think you feel most comfortable when you have exactly how you want it to look on filmā€¦ and the easiest way to do that is to film yourselfā€¦

and unfortunately andrew doesnt have many good riders to ride with so he makes do with what hes got, and very well i might ad.

i would film him if i could. i do agree to a certian extent. static shots arent very argressive looking and can get boring if you arent careful. but they do display technicality, and thats what andrew does.

Hey,I finally saw it!

That was pretty good riding.

You should make one long video.

Thanks,John,I downloaded media player 9 for ME and know it works!

now im going to go wacth all of andrews movies i never got a chance to see.:smiley:

another fine video andrew.

im speachless apart from saying: ā€œskinniesā€.:wink:

thatā€™s really nice, tomorrow i will start practise hoping abit more serius, with hoping up stairs and so on, and it all because of you. :slight_smile:

Andrew: 1

Skinnies: 0

ok everyone go to 1:03, i swear the tire came off but somehow he manages to stay on! thats one heck of a tire and rider.

-grant

Alex,
I agree with what you said about a still camera (generally) highlighting technicality well, and not beings as appropriate for the more extreme stuff.

forestunifreak,
I will have a segment in OWA and a Tony Melton and I will ahve a combined segment in Zach Juchaā€™s movie. I was however considering doing what you suggested and making a compilation of all the best clips from these online movies. Maybe put some more effort into editing, etc. Iā€™m not done with the riding yet though :). In the last few weeks Iā€™ve felt really good about trials unicycling and have really been enjoying it. I think Iā€™m improving too so Iā€™m going to continue doing lots of riding.

lleberg,
Thatā€™s great to hear, let us know how you get on.

Grant,
I noticed that too. Thatā€™s a one year old Monty tyre so it was probably even grippier than that in itā€™s day. Itā€™s interesting to see the right arm swing down at that point in the video.

Everyone else,
Thanks!

Andrew

Okok. Just a opinion.

Simon