Video Competition-A Day in the Life of a Unicyclist

Easy for you to say, you live in California! :angry:

I on it with you jackie… BUT YOU GOT TO GET HERE

I’m in. I’ve blocked my monday for filming… all day ride here I come!

im in if my camera batteries can last a whole day. sounds like heaps of fun. will probably film this sunday.

Well I got lazy and didn’t film until today and there was snow. lot’s of it for here… I have two videos(one has already been posted up it’s my black friday ride video that was all in one day) and the Other is uploading to youtube right now. Can I enter more than once?

No, you can’t enter more than once. Just pick what one you like the best.

Thanks for bringing the thread back up, I almost forgot about it.

ok, sounds good. Do I just PM you the link to the video I want to use or do I post it here?

You can PM me the link, preferably vimeo, otherwise do youtube. And then when all the entries are here I’ll put all the videos up at once.

i hope ill get/buy a video camera before the deadline, so i can enter too :angry:

When is the deadline… I’m in (Christmas holiday soon!) I’ve been thinking about making a vid like this for ages but never had the motivation, or weather lol.
At least in this vid weather wont be as important lol.

Dang! I forgot about this comp! I should have entered my last viddy since it was literally a “day in the life” type of thing! Up at 7am, 250 miles of driving, all day shooting on the trail with mishaps along the way and everything! Oh well, I’ll have to make another viddy for it!:o

It was still a cool vid terry. This comp will just be another in the [very long] list of your videos lol.

haha, TOO long some might say. but the way I look at it is, I have to keep making them until I get it right! I have a blast going through the process; riding, filming, editing and all that, but as soon as I post it, it’s like I can’t wait to make another one 'cause I want to do better each time. :slight_smile: I keep thinking that the next one will be “the one”, but to me it never is haha.:o So I guess as long as it motivates me to keep at it, it’s probably a positive thing!

yup pretty much. You must have more vids than any other unicyclist lol… and they’re all good!

I’m planning my vid now… I’ve found the perfect song, now all I need is a spare day which will be possible as of this Friday!!! :smiley:

Lately I’ve been using “free” music that doesn’t infringe on copyright law. There are literally TONS of excellent songs/music to choose from in the youtube “Audio swap” library. Or go here and sign in to your youtube account to see what’s in the library. You can then click on audio swap when you view any of your own youtube videos, and try it out without saving changes.

I just got tired of having my videos either blocked or removed because of copyright infringement stuff, and youtube has this program called “audio swap” that let’s you choose from a lot of songs. Then your video goes back to public view.

At first I would get an email saying that some of my videos were “matched” for having copyrighted music, but that they would be allowed to stay on and that “advertisements” might appear somehwere on my page, but lately I guess they’re cracking down more.

hmm, I’ll have to bear that in mind. How do I find out what songs are allowed?

Every song in the audio swap library is 100% allowed. There are TONS of them in all genres from rock to rap to punk to metal to techno to instrumental and so on. You can even narrow down only the music that is the same length as your video. What I do is find the songs I like, then DL them from P2P since they’re free, then I have the mp3 so I can add it to my video while editing, and adjust the volume if I want, decide where I want it to start, and fade it out if necessary.

The deadline is January 10,2009. That gives all of christmas break. We already have one entry.

We do? Where is it? Link please.:slight_smile:

That would give you a heads up on the competition. Thats called cheating old timer.

All that I have to say is the person couldn’t of picked a better song choice.