Victorian Rides Thread [Australia]

If you live in Victoria, Australia and are planning a group ride post it up!

To start things off I am planning a ride in the Castlemaine area on Saturday 20/12/08 starting at 10:30am from Castlemaine railway station. A loop ride to Maldon along the railtrail and then back to Castlemaine on the back roads.

Let me know if you are interested in coming.

I have a few other rides planned for later in the summer. I will post them up as I get more organised.

Warburton Rail Trail Unicycle Ride - 01/03/09‏

Back due to popular demand, the annual Warby Rail Trail Unicycle Ride is on again this year. We will be meeting at the Lilydale railway station carpark at the traditional time of 9:11 am, Sunday 1st March 2009. The trail is about 40 km long to Warburton for an 80 km return journey. The trail is mostly gravel with a short section of asphalt near Warburton.

Primarily this is a ride for unicycles however family and friends who wish to attend on bicycles are welcome to join us.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask me.

The Warburton Ride will still be going ahead on the 1st March. If there is still any chance of danger from bushfires by then I may relocate the ride to somewhere safer.

Important update

Due to the threat of bushfires in the Warburton area the trail ride will be relocated to the Ringwood area. The ride will be conducted along the Mullum Mullum Creek Trail and the Koonung Trail. Meet outside the Coach and Horses Hotel at the intersection of Maroondah Hwy and Eastlink, Melways ref 49 E9. Time 9:11 am, Sunday 1/3/09. The distance will be about 45 km with a longer option for those who are interested.

The paths are very good quality, mostly concrete and asphalt. They are undulating and have plenty of corners to keep things interesting.

A ride along the Warburton trail will hopefully be held later in the year when it is safer.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Matt

bump

The Ringwood ride is on tomorrow!

Sorry for being OT, but when I saw the title of this thread, I immediately thought of unicyclists dressed like this:

Hope your ride goes well!

We still dress like that, unicycling or otherwise:D

It was a good ride, thank you to all the riders who managed to make it. There will still be a Warby trail ride in a few weeks, stay tuned for details.

The Melbourne Summer Cycle is on again Sunday 21st Feb 2010. I have already entered, if anyone else wishes to join me here is the link:

http://www.melbournesummercycle.org.au/

It is 40km long including a trip over the Westgate Bridge. This is a fun ride, I rode it last year and am looking forward to riding it again this year.