UW/IW Collection

Since ultimate and impossible wheels are not readily available on the market, I decided to make my own. This is my current collection:

13 Likes

An impressive collection indeed! Reminds me that I need to make one of these someday.

1 Like

Now I want to watch a video riding ALL of them!

1 Like

Anyone know if making the 29er plates lower, maybe 3-5 inches lower, (that would he a lot!) would make any difference in rideability?

Lower plates make the wheel easier to control. I like them as low as possible without hitting the ground when cornering.

This drop for brakeless 26" has been great for me: https://www.instagram.com/p/COYV8t_FOpl/

I have a little more drop on my offroad 29" with a brake. It is even more stable but has problems with foot plate / ground and thigh / tire clearance.

4 Likes

That’s awesome! Can you describe the materials used and whether it’s steel or aluminum? It also looks like you used a rear hub with a quick release. I’m curious if that’s a 3/8 in axle and if so have you had any issues with it bending? Also, since it looks like it’s one piece how do you install or remove it from the axle? Is there enough flex ar the bottom that it just bends outward for removal and installation? Or do you have to pull the axle out?