Upgrading the saddle

If I get the Reeder handle, the carbon fiber seat frame, the air pillow, and
the Roach Ballistic Nylon Saddle Cover, can I cannibalize my old (old, ha.
3-month-old) Viscount seat post and stuff? Can I attach a rear bumper to
this?

Since you drill out the CF seatbase yourself, you can use the viscount post. I’m not sure about the rear bumper, but I’ll bet you could figure something out.

Ben

Re: Upgrading the saddle

> Since you drill out the CF seatbase yourself, you can use the viscount
> post. I’m not sure about the rear bumper, but I’ll bet you could figure
> something out.

I do what?! I could?!

Ah, crap, power tools again. Last time I used power tools Diva had to go to
the emergency veterinary clinic…

Does the carbon fiber seat frame need to have a steel re-inforcement plate or does it use some kind of bolt plates and carriage bolt hardware? Are there photos of the project as it is being assembled somewhere?

I’ve got a carbon-base saddle on my freestyle Uni with Viscount Bumpers velcroed on.

They work well like that and I’m planning to do the same with a Muni saddle sometime with a Barnes/Reeder handle.

It also has the holes drilled for a standard pattern 4-bolt seatpost.

Leo White

dont bother using a power drill,i used a manual crank drill.carbon fiber is easy to drill without the p-o-w-e-r.

Harper,no need for a steel plate,use a square file(in the small hole you drilled) till its just a bit to small and then tap the carridge bolts in with a light hammer.

VELCRO!! on a Reeder handle?? Leow that aint gonna work to well.

Jagur,
The velcro goes between the Viscount bumpers and the cover (instead of using screws/bolts).
I wont be putting it on the handle (unless there’s any worth in putting some on my right glove!)

Leo White