Unihoc? and Base uni?

My local store has sold out of the right hand version of the hockey stick I was looking at so I was browsing around the web looking at hockey sticks and came across unihoc. I’d not heard of it before, does anyone know about it?

Also does anyone know about a ‘Base uni ’ by BaseBikes? Something else I stumbled on, strange how I gravitated towards a unicycle while looking for a hockey stick.

Cheers, Gary

Base uni looks like a summit.

Re: Unihoc? and Base uni?

Unicycle hockey is a big sport in unicycle communities. There’s even a European League

Although, I don’t think that equipment has anything to do with the sport. It’s just a brand name

Re: Re: Unihoc? and Base uni?

unihoc is presented on that site as if it’s a sport. I certainly wouldn’t play Unicycle Hockey with that equipment.

I think I’ll go a googling.

Cheers, Gary

Unihoc is indoor hockey for small people with plastic sticks and pucks. Schools play it.

Joe

ps. what’s the shop in Nottingham that sells hockey stuff?

The unihoc game you found is played in youth clubs and schools and is a game of little skill and much violence. Most groups don’t get the all the goals and extras, a set of sticks in 2 colours and a ball or puck is all that is required - goals are nomally tables turned on there side.

The sticks do take a suprising amount of abuse before breaking but they are to short to be used from a unicycle.

I guess that the uni part of the name stands for universal as it is a game which can be played by most people and the rules are limited - normally made up by the youth group leader on the spot !! The rules are there to limit the violence and bloodloss.

Calvin.

I’ve been a googling and unihoc is a brand that produces floorball equipment, apparently.

and

The one local to me is Decathlon.

There is the Hockey Shop (catchy name eh!) in Nottingham that I haven’t checked out yet.

Cheers, Gary

Re: Unihoc? and Base uni?

unicus wrote:
> My local store has sold out of the right hand version of the hockey
> stick I was looking at so I was browsing around the web looking at
> hockey sticks and came across ‘unihoc’
> (http://www.newitts.com/Category.pasp). I’d not heard of it before, does
> anyone know about it?

I used to play it at school. Great fun, it was about the best thing we
ever did in PE. The sticks would be unsuitable for adult unicycle
hockey, though. They’re far too short to use two-handed, which means
that you can’t comply with the rules about holding the stick.

Danny Colyer (the UK company has been laughed out of my reply address)
<URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/>
“He who dares not offend cannot be honest.” - Thomas Paine