UniGeezer: "Flight Line"

Wow, that is incredible.

About corners - I wonder if you could use 3 or 4 bumpable uppable pulleys in a line to make a corner, same way ski lifts work.

You can just about see something here:

http://www.prompterinc.com/Photographs/Whistler2/Whistler2/Whistler-37-Ski_Lift_Cable.JPG

The pulley attached to the car bumps over the roller wheels, and as long as the cable stays on the other rollers at the same time the cable stays intact. With corners they have 4 or 5 rollers so it is always on several rollers, and they also have rollers that spring down from the top - I dunno if you’d need those or not with your setup.

It means you get a bump on the corners, but it might be a lot lighter / less expensive than running a track.

joe

Thanks Joe! Yeah I’m not sure about the corner thing yet. I’ve only made two of these videos so far, so what ppl are seeing is really the “genesis” and evolution of this filming technique that I’ve adapted and modified for MUni. I am having a total BLAST with it! :smiley:

I genuinely believe that this coiuld truly revolutionize the way Unicycle films are made, especially MUni! Or at the very least, a fantastic new dimension in filming MUni!

I’m so excited about the seemingly endless possibilities, and already I’ve made some cool improvements: I can now do “flyover” shots by getting the high side of the cable waaay up in trees, without climbing and can be secured and untied at ground level!

Also, I made a really cool “tow line” for pulling the rig back uo to the start point, then when i’m ready I simply let it go and it instantly retracts! Again the thing I love so much is that I can set it up and do all the filming by myself and the whole rig fits easily in my camelbak! More to come! :slight_smile:

Wow what a jump in video quality!
I love the moving faster then you are riding at.

great job! can’t wait for more! :smiley:

I rellay enjoyed that vid and the filming. I am sure I will try to built something like that too (however I am not good at building such things).

At home I have a model aircraft which I almost never use. I was thinking about using the motor and servos for that. In addition to that something like a wireless webcam came into my mind. in combination with the servos and a laptop you could adjust the camera while it moves along the line (though you will need another person then). I don’t know if I can set this up the way I want but for sure I will try it.

Thanks Terry for bringing that great idea to unicycling. :slight_smile:

Thanks! It’s really cool and also eerily strange to see your UN-manned camera tracking you for nearly 200 feet, sometimes hitting speeds of 15mph! :smiley:

Thanks. Wow just from your avatar and screen name it looks like you have IDEAL conditions for using the “Uni-Cable Cam” set up! Go for it! :slight_smile: