Unicycles In Movies

We’ve also found some: http://unicycles.ru/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4437
Including some ad videos, cover art, etc

Why is Adolf juggling on a Giraffe, any context :thinking: :astonished: :smiley:

It was a cutaway in an episode of Family Guy.

I was just looking at ‘youtube’.
Searching for a ‘free’ :roll_eyes: (ahem) version of “Pitch Perfect”.
I saw this…
Has anybody watched this film and does anyone actually ride this unicycle?

Alucard

Screen Shot 2015-05-27 at 17.33.08.png

The curly-haired dude on the left rides it. His name is actually “unicycle”. He doesn’t ride it much in the film, but he does.

Thanks idlux :slight_smile:

Jennifer’s Body

I saw Jennifer’s Body recently. In the corner of Chip’s room, a unicycle is visible in several scenes. No reference is ever made to it.

My personal favorite unicycle in a movie is a clown from the red triangle gang shooting a tommy gun while riding a unicycle… only to have a UPD on the batmobile: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUFHuYMG-nw

There’s a giraffe unicycle in the masquerade ball scene in van helsing. And I noticed a uni in one of the scenes in the How the Grinch stole Christmas with Jim Carey last time I was watching it.

I was surprised to see a uni (maybe a 26) in the background of a documentary about a pro skater recovery after an ankle injury.

Look at 6:08. Unfortunately, it is less than 2 seconds…

Well spotted, it’s not on screen for a long time, and it’s far in the background!

I felt like I had OCD when I stopped to look closer :smiley:
Thanks for confirming :stuck_out_tongue:

Sidd, I can be as OCD as you… if not more! :slight_smile:
A friend sent me a short doc/ad about a new camera rig allowing for cool ways of filming. I was surprised to see a uni at 1"17, and then again at 1"40 - this time for a whole 10 seconds! Same as your skate video, no one rides it…

Nice…

You forgot a quick appearance of 1.5 seconds at 1:28.

Ok, I have to take my pills now… :D:D

The Grinch

I remember seeing a unicycle in the backround on the grinch. From what I can remember he was bad at riding it.

I’ve got it on DVD somewhere, I’ll find it and send a screenshot of it.

Screenshot from GCN. Matt at Schindelhauer in Berlin.

In the animated movie Smallfoot at the 50:30 point there is mountain unicycling on an ice wheel. Cool. Double cool.

In the movie, “Airplane!” , a uni rides by toward the end when the emergency crews are headed for the runway after an emergency landing.