Unicycle World Map

Hi Canapin, why is the user map you show under Users (kebab menu > Users > User Map) different from the Unicycle World Map?

1 Like

As someone who avoids Google services, I much prefer the one that is based on the location defined in your profile on this website

1 Like

Kebab!? You mean “hamburger” menu :hamburger: surely?

You’re right of course. For the website I have been developing at work we use a kebab menu with the dots and now I just call all those context menu icons kebabs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. It makes me a little bit sad every time when I read the title open unicycle map, even though it’s far from open, at least in the sense of the word as used by openstreetmap.

Good catch. Yes it seems that the forum’s location plugin gives a built-in user map, which is pretty cool.

1 Like

Oh, nice, I just updated my profile to make sure I show up in more or less the right place.

2 Likes

It doesn’t recognise my location. When I start typing Netherlands, nothing appears. Or when I enter my town Duiven or Arnhem, it doesn’t find anything either and after 3 tries, nothing shows in the dropdown anymore

Yeah it was a bit funky for me but eventually worked. Though i could not narrow it down any further than Oslo, Norway. I saw from the autocompletes that there were various Oslo post codes in the list but not my own and if I tried to enter my own, I ended up with no location. So I just settled on Oslo, Norway

It was a bit fiddly to set TBH, I went on openstreetmap.org, selected the location I wanted and chose “show address” from the right click menu. Then I copied this address over to my profile.

2 Likes

Thanks that did it.

Perfect!