Unicycle Suspension

I wonder how much lobbybopster’s muni weighs. Even if it weighs a ton, good work. They look awesome!:slight_smile:

Yeah, like a big squishy tire! Oh, wait, we already have those…

Every time one pushes the pedal, he’d have to compress the spring before the pedal would transmit any power to the axle. This would waste a significant amount of the rider’s energy.

Even if energy were no factor, you’re only introducing an additional 1" of travel in the system. This “suspension” would constantly be bottoming out!

Think before you post, kids…

1 Like

Suspension

17 lbs +14 lbs Respectively ( actually less)

Yeah, like a big squishy tire! Oh, wait, we already have those…

Hey Maestro8 get with the program, we already determined it was a big suspension seat post. Stick with the Tandem your much better at that.

That’s actually not half bad. I thought they would weigh more than that.

build it for yourself

Hey Rhino please go here and make one https://unicyclist.com//t/post-your-home-made-unicycle-upgrades/76802/1LOBBYBOPSTER

uniframe1.jpg

Lobbybopster

Thankds for all the info you have posted. How hard is welding this stuff up? Any tips on which kind of welder/wire/technique. I am a total noob but I intend to make one of these in the New Year.

If you assume you are talking to a child in your how to of this, you will probably get the level about right for me :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance.

Merry Christmas btw

Steve

Looking at the thread with the three lobbybopster unis along the wall, the design seems to be evolving, presumably to improve performance. The first two have an elbow shape to the frame (which I personally think looks better and gives them the ‘terminator’ appearance everyone refers too). The later ones are closer to the LTS original pivoting mechanism so look simpler to make. That said, no-one else has made one so far so it obviously aint that easy! :smiley:

I realise now what the new design looks like - a gigantic Thudbuster!

Is there really a need for a sus’ed uni?

We could probably make up one out of Ti.

It would be interesting just to try.

And I LOOOVE that old GT as a bike. Used to be my dream bike when I was a tiny kid

There is no real ‘need’ for one, but the machines above look so cool there is almost no need to justfy them for any other reason. That said, on a long ride being able to ‘sit’ over almost everything would save some energy.

If you made a suspended ti muni, you’d sell at least one :smiley:

If you are looking for new products in the unicycle area though, I would suggest a ti brake handle bar, and a ti seatpost. Both would be easy to manufacture, can be made to (fairly) universally fit and are not currently available in ti. I would get at least 2, probably 3 of each, so there’s a start on the first order. I am eagerly awaiting my Titan from Jogi. Looks like a great frame. Sorry for slight threadjack :o

Yes, those suspended creatures look very sexy :slight_smile:

As far as other issues are concerned, I will reply to you by email :slight_smile: Thanks

Here is a seat post suspension settup from the Japan Unicycle site:
http://www.mys-co.com/shop_e/66.html