Unicycle Hockey London UK - New venue

The Lunis have been homeless since the summer when we lost the use of the hall where we used to play in Tufnell park. This Thursday (17th) we’re trying out a new venue, the Westway Sports Centre near Westbourne Park. If anyone wants to come and join us you’ll be more than welcome.

We’ve got the netball court booked from 9 til 10pm, it’s a bit late but it’s all they had. We’re meeting at the sports centre reception at 8:45, if you’re late or can’t find us give my mobile a call, 07976 732723.

Paul

bump…

Is that the outdoor courts actually under the westway?

Floodlit outdoor courts are cool for hockey, you don’t get so hot outside and they’re usually way cheaper than booking sports halls. Plus you get the added variety that is all weather play.

Post up if you’re making it a regular thing, it’d be cool to come down some point and play, especially if it’s on a thursday night, what with it being closer to the weekend than tuesday. I’ve been meaning to come down and do some muni-ing anyway.

Joe

Good to hear you found a new venue.
I trust it will serve you well.
Any chance of a Luni presence at EJC 2006?

Yeeeee

We can play again!!!

Joe, it is the outdoor courts underneath the Westway, I’ve played a bit of 5 a side there with work, and it’s OK considering it’s underneath a motorway!

Gild, there might be a Luni presence at EJC, I guess it depends on whether people can get enough time off work to do EJC and UNICON. So much uni stuff so close to home next year!

Paul

Excellent! will this be a regular timeslot?

I’m hoping to try and get it a little earlier in future. 8:00 would be better for most of us, but unfortunately 9:00 was all they had this week.

Paul

How did it go at Westway last night?

It was great, the court seems massive - it can’t be much bigger than our old court. It’s tarmac, but flat and smooth. The steel mesh walls make for interesting rebound shots, sometimes the ball comes straight back!

Only 5 of us made it in the end, Jonny, Antoine, Charlie, Kelly and me, hopefully next week we’ll get a few more players.

I’ve booked the court for 9pm next Thursday, the 24th, unfortunately I couldn’t get an earlier slot, it would be great to see some more players next week, it doesn’t matter if you’ve never played before, come along and have a go.

Paul

Just a little reminder that Hockey is on this Thursday (24th) from 9pm to 10pm at the Westway.

http://www.westway.org/sports/wsc/basketball

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=523591&Y=181115&A=Y&Z=1

It’s outside, but underneath the A40 flyover so you don’t get too wet when it rains. The surface is smooth Tarmac, it’s a bit abrasive on sticks but OK to play on and great for fast turns!

Paul

babysitter booked, but anyone got a spare stick?
Cheers!

Just a little reminder that Hockey is on this Thursday (1st December) from 9pm to 10pm at the Westway.

Westway Website

Streetmap showing location

It’s outside, but underneath the A40 flyover so you don’t get too wet when it rains. The surface is smooth Tarmac, it’s a bit abrasive on sticks, but OK to play on and great for fast turns!

Directions to the Westway by car are below,

To get to Westway Sports Centre by car from the north or west
Approach along the Westway (A40). Take the exit marked Hammersmith & Shepherds Bush (A3220). The road comes down to Holland Park Roundabout, a very large one with a central glass tower. Take the first exit signed Central London. Immediately turn left into Royal Crescent and immediately left again into St Ann’s Villas. Continue, bearing very slightly right at the junction before the railway bridge (the road is now called Bramley Road). Drive under the railway bridge to the flyover bridge ahead. Drive under the flyover bridge and immediately turn left into Crowthorne Road - the car park entrance ramp is then immediately in front of you, the car parking is in the Centre’s own underground car park (below our full-size football pitch) and as a Westway user you pay only £1 for up to seven hours parking. To ensure that you pay only £1 you MUST get your car park ticket validated at the Sports Centre Reception when you LEAVE the Centre.

To get to Westway Sports Centre by car from the south
Approach on the one-way system that comes past the Earl’s Court Exhibition Centre (Warwick Road) - follow the system up Holland Road to the major roundabout (Holland Park Roundabout) with a central glass tower. Take the third exit signed Notting Hill Gate (A402). As you drive round the roundabout ensure that you are in the left lane at the point where you leave it, because you need to turn left almost immediately; turn left into Royal Crescent and immediately left again into St Ann’s Villas. Continue up this road, bearing slightly right at the junction before the railway bridge (the road is now called Bramley Road). Drive under the railway bridge to the motorway bridge ahead. Drive under the motorway bridge and immediately turn left into Crowthorne Road - the car park entrance ramp is then immediately in front of you, the car parking is in the Centre’s own underground car park (below our full-size football pitch) and as a Westway user you pay only £1 for up to seven hours parking. To ensure that you pay only £1 you MUST get your car park ticket validated at the Sports Centre Reception, when you LEAVE the Centre.

See you Thursday,

Paul

unable to make it tonight…
:frowning: