Unicycle Events

I’ve been searching around for unicycle events and had a bit of a hard time finding them all in one place. So I’m posting a publicly editable map that should let people see all the events going on, where they are, when they are, and maybe a little bit about them. I’ve added some myself, hopefully we can get them all on here.

Map:

There’s also an event map of the IUF at unicycling.org/event/index.php/event-map

For the German speaking countries we have an event map at 1radfahrer.de/?em

Great idea to have an event thread.

I went ahead and added UNICON to the map, but on their site there were only 3 unicycle events listed, with the only one on north america being UNICON. Is there really so few events or are they just not planned yet?

There are events. But the IUF’s Map seems not to be up to date. You’ll find more Events searching the forum. But some events you’ll not find searching but stumble on while looking for something completely different. :smiley:
In deed, your map is a great idea, as long as it is kept up to date and used by enough riders. What happens to an eventmap not maintained continously, you can see at the IUF map which is nearly the same than yours.
So when you do your map, try to spread the information about ist as wide as you can, grab more events than any other event list, provide a service that ist unique. Then success will be guaranteed.
Here in Germany it is the same situation: many sites on the internet with few events on. Everybody uning other pages to look for. So I tried to grab as much Information as I could an put it to the map that I postet above. What I do not know is, how many people actually use it.
In the German part of the forum we also make an event thread which shows all events within every post without searching throug the thread.

push

So why is it still so empty? Why does nobody help filling it out and completing it? Can’t believe that there are no more events planned yet! C’mon guys, if everyone just adds one evente he knows and which is not on the map yet, we’ll have an awesome overview within just days …

I added one event yet, one in whichs organisation I’ve been involved. When I find the time, I’ll add all the other events from our german speakers event map.

I think this map here might even be worth an announcement on the starting page, just like Revolution one now.

Let’s make it great!

Could any french speaking please add the events from www.monocycle.info/calendrier?

Wow Europe (Germany mainly) is kicking some U.S. butt in unicycle events. I wonder how hard it is to plan a Unicycle event. I need something I can make it to this year. :frowning: Right now Douthat is closest, but that’s still a ten hour drive…

I only added the few biggest events yet. All Federal State Championships or meetings i did not add yet. And I’m sure, that over the year there will be many more events. The other thing I’m really sure about is, that there must be more events in the US and Canada than there are in the map now.

Three events in the US that I’ve seen are the New York unicycle festival, Long Island beach, NJ unithon, and a San Francisco ride. I’m sure if you search the forum you will find them. Good luck with the map.

I posted the Long beach Island Unithon. The New York Festival did not have a scheduled date yet, and I’m not sure what “a san francisco ride” is referring to. But if you remember feel free to edit the map, it is publicly editable.

Added 2 events in New York

I’ve added the following two events in New York to the map:

Empire State Muni Festival: June 13-15, 2014

NYC Unicycle Festival: August 29-31, 2014

None in Califonia? :frowning:

Search for Bike events and ask for the possibility to start there as unicyclist. I’m sure you can achieve an official unicycle rating at some mountainbike races. It worked just fine in my region.

just pushin’ this up to top …

push

Traditionally, we have the California Mountain Unicycle Weekend (the original MUni Weekend) in Sept/Oct, but we don’t have a plan formulated yet for this year. We will have something though!

If the event is held outside of California, which it has been several times now, it might be called the Sierra Mountain Unicycle Weekend, though that doesn’t necessarily fit either; last time it was out of town it was in New Mexico… :slight_smile:

I appreciate the initiative here. A map of events is very useful for me.

You might also add the Asheville, North Carolina mountain unicycle gathering. This year’s event is the 8th - September 12 - 14, 2014 and will be held at DuPont State Forest.

[URL=“ashevillemountainunicycle.wordpress.com”]AshevilleMountainUnicycle.wordpress.com

You could add it yourself cause the map is editable for everybody :slight_smile: So feel invited to add every event you like …