Unicycle.com on CBS Evening News tonight

yup just delete your cookies. and go it again.

if you wanna make a quick bot to do this automaticly just record a macro in microsoft office.

I did a mass emailing to many of my friends and family members to ask them to vote. I hate doing stunts like that but anything for unicycling and our friends at UDC.

I have received quite a few replies from people who said they voted for unicycling. :slight_smile: (Someone said they voted for the polka lady. :angry: )

Don’t try to create voting robots. It will be totally obvious to CBS if anyone’s trying to stuff the ballot box, and they’re likely to just throw out the votes.

Hope you voted early and often because:

Dear friends:

We were visiting my parents in Florida when the call came. I answered with a whisper, and then quietly stepped out of the church sanctuary to find out who was calling. It was indeed an answer to prayers. We won! Thanks to you, when all the votes were tallied, we were ahead. Steve Hartman from CBS and his camera crew will arrive at our offices around 2:00 p.m. today (Monday) to begin filming our story. It’s scheduled to air this Friday night on the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric.

The caller said the voting was abnormal. Usually there’s a surge of votes right after the show and whoever is ahead at that point is a sure winner. We were not in the lead initially, so we weren’t expected to win. Then came another surge of votes on Saturday afternoon. Your votes put us on top. Of the roughly 4,500 votes counted, we received more than half.

I wish they would have allowed more than one winner, because I would have enjoyed a seeing a show about the polka dancer. We are grateful to everyone who gave us their support. Please accept our sincere thank you. We hope we didn’t annoy too many with our unsolicited emails, asking for votes.

Please help us spread the word about the broadcast this Friday night. That’s one way we can thank CBS for sharing our story.

Again, thank you, and God bless!
John, Amy, Andrew, Ryan, Jonathan, and Tim
your support team at Unicycle.com

Great!!

It took us awhile to get our networking geared up but it worked!! All the emails to friends and relatives paid off.

Be sure and check out the broadcast on the cbs site:
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/eveningnews/main3420.shtml

There are several videos, the rebroadcast of the news currently has the longer segment on unicycles. They open with the circus tune, but it gets better from there.

Awesome story! Great work Kris!

Hey, that was good times. If ya’ll look in the background, I’m the guy riding with the silver helmet and black shirt. The camera dude and the reporter were nice guys, but I kept getting nervious when he put the $52,000 camera 3 inches away from my wheel when he asked me to do a 180. If you saw when John’s son jumped over the camera, we were all very tense and worried, lol. Eitherway, the CBS guys were great and the folks at UDC did a great job. Congratulations ya’ll!

Congratulations and thanks to John for the great suggestion and unicycle promotion idea!

It was great that the story delved into unis being a great skill and exercise, actually safe, showing beginners to extrem. Topping it off with Kris Holm was perfect. UDC was perfect, it was great to see the store, John and Amy. It all came across very positive.

Isn’t UDC the largest in the world? Not just the states as mentioned in the video.

Amy doesn’t ride a unicycle! :astonished: ? She’s such an expert on unicycles!

I watched it again, I’m sure I had heard the circus tune open one of the segments, I didn’t this time, maybe CBS cut it out, which is great.

so, I missed the show, did anyone Tivo it because you can download it from your Tivo to your computer and upload it to youtube or the gallery, and I want to see the whole story plus CBS’s videos aren’t working for me…

I too would like it if someone youtubed it…weird, Firefox’s spellcheck says youtubed is a word.

You can download it from CBS directly. Go to the CBS Evening News page, and click on “Watch it Now”. It’s in the 2/23/07 episode, about two-thirds of the way through.

like I said it wasn’t working for me on their web site…

Amy can ride, she was just having a bit of trouble that day. She’ll be jumping off loading docks in no-time…

Amy rocks! I’m so glad to hear she rolls too! :slight_smile:

It was about 6:30 on Friday when I remembered that I needed to watch that segment. I uttered a few words my mom wouldn’t be too proud of when I realized that I had missed it. I’m glad somebody here linked to the CBS website. It was a really good story that showed unicycling in a very positive light. No circus stigma. Woohoo. A few million americans have now seen it as a serious sport. Good job to all involved. UDC rocks. I’m anxiously awaiting yet another shipment from them as I write. I spend way too much of my discretionary income there.