UNICON carpooling

Hello,

I am still hoping to go to UNICON, and if it works out that I can get up to Seattle, is there anybody renting a car or driving their own car/bus/van/non-unicycle to the UNICON site from Seattle that would be able to shuttle one, possibly two people to and from the venues? Financial support for gas/rental is certainly agreeable (meaning I will help pay, but if you want to pay me, hey, I’m open to that too).

Extending the reach a little further, is anybody planning to drive from anywhere in Utah (preferably Northern) or the Las Vegas area?

As somebody who is too young to rent a car, I’m staing at the North Bend motel and I plan to Uni to the main HQ. If anybody is staying at that motel and has a car, I would gladly pay gas money for rides to the venue as well.

I don’t know how the inter-venue transportation is going to work going between North Bend Elementary School in North Bend and Mount Si High School in Snoqualmie. Some of the hockey games are going to be at North Bend Elementary School. If you’re lucky there will be transportation going from the elementary school to Mount Si High School.

If you are going to be riding from North Bend to Snoqualmie have a look at this page I put together showing the Snoqualmie Valley Trail that will take you from North Bend to Mount Si High School. The web page has a map of the trail and some info on the trail. It’s about 3 miles on the trail to get from North Bend to Mount Si High School. Mount Si High School is the event HQ.
<http://backcountry.unicyclist.com/UNICON/SnoqualmieValley/SnoqualmieValleyTrail.html&gt;

john_childs

Re: UNICON carpooling

Greetings

In message “Re: UNICON carpooling”,
nbrazzi wrote…
>
>As somebody who is too young to rent a car, I’m staing at the North Bend
>motel and I plan to Uni to the main HQ. If anybody is staying at that
>motel and has a car, I would gladly pay gas money for rides to the venue
>as well.

I am staying at the Summit Inn and plan to rent a car. I may be able to take
peeple with me when there is enough room (I have Coker and giraffe to carry,
but not always).

Stay on top, Jack Halpern
Executive Director for International Development
International Unicycling Federation, Inc.

I’m pretty much depending on the inter-venue buses. That’s why I chose the motel - its cheapest and its closest to the event HQ, that way I can uni to the HQ and take the buses everywhere else. I hope this works out.

Your trail might be the best way to go - if I can find it. Thanks.

Re: UNICON carpooling

>I’m pretty much depending on the inter-venue buses.

I think you’ll be very satisfied with the intervenue transportation.

David Maxfield
Bainbridge Island, WA

John Childs, I just printed out the map of this trail and, comparing it with yahoo maps locations of my motel and the various venues, I’ve charted out everything I need to uni between my motel and the event HQ or any of the other close-by venues. Now I just need to clock myself to see how long it takes me to ride 3 miles.

This map and trail information is incredibly helpful and I thank you very much for it.

Can’t wait to see all you guys tomorrow.