Unicon 12 - Tokyo 2004

Unicon 12, I just got home from unicon after 20 hours traveling yeasterday, then an over night stop and another 4.5 hours on the road today. So this is rather a first response hread. Please post here you Unicon High, Low, love, hate,saw, heard, won, lost list.

for me- Sarah (the taller sarah from the Uk team)

High- Seeing the hockey court for the first time and seeing that it was Good. Then seeing Mr Matsuada’s face as he ralised that the unicyclists liked where he had found for us to play hockey, his smile was SOOOO big it dwarfed him.

Low- Not being able to ride as fast as I wanted too on the marathon because of the HOT damp head wind we were riding into.

Love- Simon Wells’s free style routine in the expert mens class. It was original and VERY different from any thing we had seen all day.
( except the costume change idea , which we had seen about 40 million times already, but Simon did it BETER) . The only routine to get a partial standing ovation.

Hate- not being allowed to unicycle on the NYC campus, so there was very little social hanging about with unis in the evening.

Saw- the small basketball players on one of the Japan teams standup gliding to get extra hight for a shot.

Heard- Lars head hitting the pallet stack with a horrible crunch.

Won- a clutch of certificates and a few silver and bronze medals, I am lucky to be in an age roup where not many people do MY events:-)

Lost- Our Cool tool, last seen in the basket ball gym… if any one has it can I have it back please.