Uni Tricks Clips Game!

If you do, I’d put it in videos so it doesn’t go to the next page as quickly.

I would give it a shot, but I am not that advanced. My best trick is a smallspin. I cant do any of that switch footed crank stuff, and the tire stand yet. We should have an amaters competition for this. Then i’d enter.

Yeah it would be good if people were put into categories for how long they have been unicycling.This will make it more of a competition in each category.It will prevent the comps from ending so quickly.Maybe there should be a competition thread made and it would be a sticky.

ya we should do like a how long youve been riding, catergories like, 6 month, 12 months, 18 months and if someone is really dominating they just move up a catergorie. If your in like the 8 month range then you could go up to 12 months to encourage you to get better. Ill most one in the video section as soon as i get my uniparts in. Ill probably call it UNI

Im glad you like the idea ! But how would we make categories ? Seperate threads or something ?

You could use the same thread as long as you specify which catagory your in when you post your vid.

I may join in but I am realy busy with school so I dont hav much time to ride and I am also trying to film for another vid and the weather suks at the moment.

I’m liking this idea.

The way it could work is somone just post:

experience: ___month(s)

(trick here)

Something like that…

Amount of time riding doesn’t really say much about skill.
Just do it like Shaun’s Back it up game. There are 3 skill levels.

what are the skill levels, beginner, advanced and expert? should i put this in the video thread. i also think we should have a different skill level for each thread. Also i think we should add a section in for intermediate, inbetween begginer and advance. I think im better than begginer but not quite good enough for advance.

I think you should make just one thread so you don’t clutter up the video forum with 3-4 separate threads and then just write in the title space of the post which level you are doing so it doesn’t get confusing.

ya thats a better idea…

We could hold the competition in RSU. Make one thread, then somebody start it off with a video for their skill level… We could have Beginner, Novice, and Expert.

The most recent video in your skill level, is the trick you will have to do.

Also, I dont think we should have a chain of tricks building up in the competition. I just think that you should be required to do the previous persons trick, rather than the people before them as well.

I liked the chain of tricks though, cause then it wasnt just one person doing a trick, then recording another one, they had to have the endurance and consitency to do a line of tricks.

Last time there were too many rules, like how many hops and stuff, so I think if it was more free, it would work better.

This is true, but I would probably be classified as a beginner… Unispins, legwraps, wheelwalking, and that would be the only “technical tricks” I can do. Sets, and rolling hops are another story.

If we were to make a line of wheelwalking to legwrap to 180 unispin, It would be too hard. Then the next person would add a trick, and before you know it you would have a dozen tricks, and the competition would end. There shouldn’t really be a winner, but make it just for fun.

That way you could pick and choose what tricks you want to do. If someone’s new trick is a wheelwalk, and you can wheelwalk, but cant to the trick before that, then you are in luck. All it takes is one trick in a line for one person to say “I quit”.

For the beginners it would be better if we did that.

i agree, just a single trick should be the way to go. Like rolling wrap. Then you would do my trick and do you own trick, say inward spin. Then i/someone else would do your trick and then their own.

Exactly my point. That would make the competiton worth while. It would be lame if we had a winner… It would suck the fun out of it. As beginners, it wouldn’t really feel accomplishing if we won… It would feel like “whoopie” im the winning beginner. But it would be a blast.

ya definatly, if i won the beginner class i wouldn’t feel very good. but if someone else wants to start one go ahead. im waiting for my cranks, so it will probably be 2 or 3 days before i can get some footy up

Alright, I’ll Start us out, and Film tomorrow… Should I make a new Thread for these comps? or post it here?

IMO those weren’t very interesting to watch.

I agree w/ Jerric. I really enjoyed those.
I’m just a viewer though. :o

For a given skill category if it goes for a specific set time w/o someone else posting the next combo, say for 3 weeks, then the last person is declaired the winner. Then that skill category starts over w/ one trick.

make a new thread, either in rsu or video