Uni Resource Site

What would you like to see on a new unicycle website? Would you like another unicycle resource?

e39m5

i would like a magazen(sp)

Im guessing that means magazine. Anything else? I dont think magazines are possible for a newly started site.

e39m5

Why not? You could do it.

It would be lot of work, but you could do it if you had the time to do research, and the cooperation of some smart people to contribute material.

Might be just the niche…

I would like a comprehensive database of unicycling videos of all kinds available to be downloaded.

I think that, in addition to videos (as mentioned), an (almost complete) list of how-to’s for different tircks would be useful. However, we already have this in the unicyclopedia (or whatever it is called). But product reviews are useful and not too much work, if you allow other people to send you their reviews.

So, videos, prioduct reviews and how-to’s, that’s what I would like… And links, of course.

Ill get started on it probably next week. Big report due friday, and memorial day soccer tourny.

e39m5

unicycle.2ya.com - They are currently working on a comprehensive list of uni videos and already have tons of tips on doing tricks.

http://www.londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx - Product reviews right there, it isn’t quite used enough but is a great resource.

David

Re: Uni Resource Site

On Wed, 25 May 2005 16:48:46 -0500, “darchibald” wrote:

>unicycle.2ya.com - They are currently working on a comprehensive list of
>uni videos and already have tons of tips on doing tricks.
>
>http://www.londonunicyclingclub.ca/unicycleReviews.aspx - Product
>reviews right there, it isn’t quite used enough but is a great
>resource.

The wobblingunicyclist has reviews too, and we have a specific forum
for it (although I don’t think it works very well). I agree to the
gist of what darchibald says: research what there is first, don’t
duplicate the effort. Maybe you should make a link page to the great
resources you’ll find rather than re-creating them.

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict

wouldnt you be grumpy if somone just said you had PMS? - jagur

Every site has its duplicate, the challenge is making it better than the first.

e39m5

And you’re up to the challenge are you?
Cathy

Of course I am, if I can take on unicycling, I can take on an iste I want :slight_smile: Most of you guys are attached to this site, well so am I. I woudln’t dare challenging this (although it can be improved, its the people that count). Probably reviews, video indedx, and how-to’s.

Im eyeing unicyclers.com down. Sound good?

e39m5

Why not just use one of the unicyclist.com free sites? all you have to add is a “.2ya” at the end of your address. Like Andrew Carter’s site www.unicycle.2ya.com and Kaycee’s www.maineunicyclist.2ya.com .

-Lee

Peter van Boekhout and Andrew Carter’s site is not hosted by unicyclist.com. I think it’s through freewebs.com .

Andrew